10.17.2009

what a day

I don't know how it works for ya'll, but I always find that we don't have much going on on the weekend, or else we have a TON going on on the weekend. So far, this one has proven to be one of our busiest yet. David took the kids to New Orleans this morning for a walk for asthma that his firm was sponsoring. It was in Audubon Park and his parents met them down there. After that, since they were so close, they made a quick trip to the zoo before they headed back home for Elise's soccer game. (I stayed back to start painting the bookcases in our den, which, in hind site, was probably not a good project to start on such a busy weekend. But, I digress.) They dropped off L & B and picked me up- my Mom offered to stay here with them so they (well, Bennett) could nap- and we headed out to Elise's game. The definite highlight of the day was that this cutie pie.....
...scored her FIRST GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!! There were actual tears in her Daddy's eyes as he saw the smile on her face. We are so thrilled with how much her confidence has grown and with how much fun she is really having out there with her team! Emmy and Pop treated her to some ice cream on the way home, which she loved! I am soooo glad I was there to see it! What a memory!
As soon as we got home from soccer, I took Lila to her first "on her own" birthday party. Obviously she has been to parties before, but this was the first one where she was just invited by a little girl in her ballet class. She was so excited and has been talking about it all week. We had a great time!! (The mother, who is a friend of mine, very nicely also said Bennett and Elise were welcome to come, but Bennett was sleeping and Elise needed to rest after soccer and spend some more time with her Grandparents. Plus, I thought it would be fun for Lila to get to do something by herself...)
As soon as we got home from the birthday party we loaded up the car with the whole family and headed to a church picnic organized by the Mom's of young kids group. It was a fun way to top off a VERY busy, fun-filled day!
Now, off to get another coat onto the bookshelves....then I think I'll go pass out! :)
Night Night!
Nicole

1 comment:

Davis and Suzanne said...

YEAH ELISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!