1.28.2010

spring?

I must say, we have had some beautiful weather this week. I think mother nature is happy that the SAINTS ARE HEADED TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!! It feels like spring!!!

Our kids love to be outside, and we have been taking as much advantage as we can of the warmer temps and low humidity!
Lila, Bennett, and I spent some time outside on Tuesday playing in the backyard and had a great time....
Thought it was a good chance to try out my camera a little bit more....we had some fun on the swings:










I haven't edited these pictures at all, and so I feel like. once I learn how to do that, we should be able to get some really great pictures....
***
We have enjoyed getting back into a routine now that the Christmas break is over (although Mardi Gras will be here before we blink!) and are enjoying our busy new schedule...The girls both are taking dance and so that takes up two afternoons, the twins go to Mother's Day out two mornings a week (during which I try to accomplish way more than is humanly possible in 8 hours), Elise has school everyday until lunchtime and plays soccer on Saturday, we still visit Mimi and Grandpa one night a week as well as bringing Grandpa to his therapy sessions two mornings a week (which we love doing), L & B and I go to a playgroup one morning and hit library story time another morning...and there's more!
And so, as you can see, we are staying busy....


Above is just a random picture that David took of Lila. I love it.
This girl has got some serious att-ti-tude.
***
With all that we have going on, you would think the kids would crash in the afternoon for nap time...I know I would if I could!! :)
Lately, that is not the case...so I am working on my acceptance that the days of naps and a short afternoon break are coming to end for me....although I love being with my kids, that time to recharge, refuel, be productive, be lazy, has been nice and so I don't say goodbye to it willingly....but, I know in turn this means we will have the opportunity to spend some afternoons at the park, or riding bikes, or visiting friends, and so I am trying to stay focused on that....and I think we will be scooting up bedtime quite a bit because this is what my three "no-nappers" look like by the end of the day....
....wiped out!!!
Hope you all are having a great week!
Love, Nicole

4 comments:

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

your camera takes such great pics! love the last one at night - sounds like your quiet time may have to come after the early bedtime :)

Davis and Suzanne said...

looks Great!! don't think you have to edit!

Theresa Miller said...

Great pictures! And great outfits too! I can't believe how busy you guy are!

Betty said...

Your kids are precious! I always enjoy reading your blog. They always look so cute in their little matching outfits. Love that picture at the bar. Betty Cummings (Davis's cousin)