2.04.2010

a chat with lila

We were having some not so unusual issues at dinner the other night because Elise would not taste a bite of what we were having (baked potato soup with cheese and bacon- pretty good if I do say so myself). David decided to get out his new toy and see what Lila's thoughts were on the situation...

She's definitely our little entertainer....

As for Elise, at one point during the "stand-off" (David made her sit at the table until she took a bite), she asked me to bring her her pillow and GiGi. She would have much rather slept there than take a bite of soup. After more than an hour (and it becoming past her bedtime), she ended up being excused after David force fed her a bite, which she then threw up. DRAMA QUEEN. I truly believe, without a doubt, she would have slept at the table. So, I think we are giving up on that for now and going back to our take it or leave it (eat what is served or don't eat) approach- until the pediatrician tells us she is too skinny to continue it!!

Ahhhh...the joys of parenting! :)

(**hint: in case you aren't aware, you can scroll down to the bottom of the blog and pause the music...that way you can hear everything lila is saying in the video...)

4 comments:

cw0378 said...

she is adorable!

Therese and Bush said...

I loved this! So cute to see them in action. I really do have to meet them before they are 15! xoxo

Tricia said...

I tell my girls, "Hey, the state says we are required to offer you food. It doesn't have to be something you like."

Davis and Suzanne said...

LILA....she is so funny.