2.12.2010

snow day

Yes!!! We had an actual snow day in south L.A. today! The funny part of that was, that this morning there was no snow in sight....then, all of the sudden, right as we had started our Valentine's project, the flakes began to fall....





We watched the snow fall for a little while, and then began our cookie making! I took the easy way out by using pre-made sugar cookie dough, which we tinted pink and took turns rolling out. The kids each had a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out their cookies...
After baking (the good thing about sugar cookies- they cook and cool quickly- perfect for the lack of patience that 2 and 4 year olds have), I put on the icing and then the kids had the below fun items to decorate with:



Elise and Lila were so excited about decorating...Bennett, being the typical boy, was more interested in throwing sprinkles and making as big of a mess as he could....



And.....ta-dah! Our Valentine's hearts for David!

After we finished our project, I bundled the kids up to let them go out and feel the snow...Unfortunately it isn't cold enough for it to really stick, but at least they could watch the flakes fall down. Elise was intent on catching one on her tongue...


I think the fact the it rarely snows here is completely lost on Elise...it has snowed the past two years and she remembers! So, I think she thinks I am a total nut telling her it may be a long time before we see this again!
Hope you all are having great Fridays today!!
Love, Nicole







3 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

Such sweet pictures. Lila looks so grown up, especially with that adorable headband in her hair!

Therese and Bush said...

I LOVE the music!!!!!!!!!!! And I love the pics too! Happy heart day!

monique said...

Happy Valentine's to my 3 precious monkeys! I miss them.