5.09.2010

mother's day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms and future Moms out there!!
Special wishes to my Mom and David's Mom (SuSu and Emmy)- we love ya'll!!

My family spoiled me today and yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

I even had time to reread my Eclipse book to get ready for the movie release this summer! (So, now you know I am a twilight nerd!) Poor Elise has a double ear infection and is not feeling well. She laid down at 9:30 yesterday morning and didn't wake up until 1:00 pm!! David so nicely offered to take Lila and Bennett out of the house (we have yet to find out if Lila is even capable of an "inside voice") so that Elise could get the rest she needed. So, while she slept, I fought the urge to be productive and instead laid on my bed and read. It was nice.


This morning while I showered, David organized the kids and made me a yummy breakfast in bed. Here they are getting ready...they got me some tulips (my favorite) in pink (their favorite)..which I love...




I got back in bed (wouldn't have really been breakfast in bed otherwise, right?) when I heard them coming...





This is my beautiful card. David said they worked on it when I was visiting Aunt Mo a few weekends ago.







Here you can see my yummy breakfast, and the kids excitedly helping me open the shoe box they gave me! You can never go wrong with shoes!! (*I have a feeling a certain Shoe Fairy named Mo may have suggested this awesome gift...as she has this same pair of Born's that I have always admired! Thanks Shoe Fairy!)
I also got a gift certificate so that I could order a new bathing suit- what I had not so subtly hinted that I really wanted!
But, in reality, my favorite gift was the fake white flowers that the girls gave me. To be honest, not a fan of fake flowers. But, what got me is the story behind them. David took the kids to Target and told them if they were good they could each pick one thing from the dollar aisle at the end. Well...they were good...and the girl's picked the flowers for me!! That little unselfish act really made my day!!

After our nice morning, we headed to church and then went to meet my parents and Jared and Erinn for lunch. I wish I could say the blissful morning had continued on to our nice lunch...but reality kind of kicked back in. Elise is still droopy with her ear infection and Bennett was up a few times last night coughing (hope he isn't getting sick) and so the kids were just not on their best behavior at lunch....but, we made it through and then headed to Mimi and Grandpa's.



The kids also "helped" (I use that term very loosely here) David make cookies for my Mom and Mimi since we would be seeing them today. They were SOOO GOOD!!



3 generations...


Reality of trying to get a group picture. This was honestly the best one.


My little man. Kept saying, "Happy Mutter's Day" all day. Cute.


And my big girl.




Bennett loves playing rough with Uncle Jared. I think Uncle Jared kind of likes it too!
After our visit with Mimi and Grandpa we headed back home. I was able to lay down with Bennett, which meant he went to sleep! So, we both got to nap! We spent the rest of the day just hanging out.
I have a feeling David is pretty worn out from all of his planning, organizing, and orchestrating. I appreciate so much how special he wanted me to feel today. And, he did a great job! Thank you!
Looking forward to some more time with family when we had to Nashville in just a few weeks!!!
Can't wait...






2 comments:

monique said...

glad you had a good Mother's Day! Wish I could've been there for the celebrations...love ya'll! (do you like the shoes?, they fit ok?)

Susan said...

I think there is not only a shoe fairy, but a purse fairy who "works" out of Nashville! :)