5.02.2010

a rainy weekend

It was a pretty dreary weekend and so we spent a lot of time inside getting things accomplished...

David cleaned out the garage and I cleaned toilets (wooohooo). Saturday afternoon David took the little ones to Wal-mart for the big grocery trip so I wouldn't have to go this week (he is the one person on the planet I know who actually enjoys going to Wal-mart on a Saturday. no thank you! And, lucky me.) and so Elise and I made a Sonic run (for motivation, of course) and then came home to tackle the ironing.



I spend way too much time ironing.

But, it is my own fault and I own that.
While they are still little I like to dress the girls in dresses, jumpers, and capri sets, and for the most part, they all have to be ironed. I figure they have the rest of their lives for t shirts and shorts!



So, seeing how big my pile is..I was pretty excited at how excited Elise was about "helping". Obviously she wouldn't really be ironing yet...but it got me thinking....wonder how old she has to be to really iron????
Just kidding.






Well, the excitement wore out after about 10 minutes when she proclaimed that she was "tired" and "needed to rest". Words I NEVER hear from this girl. So, she hopped up on the daybed (relocated from Lila's room to the foot of our bed), crossed her legs, and enjoyed her milkshake.
And I ironed.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Davis too loves WalMart on a busy day. Our husbands are wierd.

That is really funny about Elise. I also get tired when ironing:)