5.28.2010

out with an arm

We've had another injury in the Parnell family, but this time instead of it being one of my little kids, it is my big kid, David. He was playing indoor soccer Tuesday night and while playing goalie and defending a shot he broke his left arm. In two places. This is probably because he kept playing after he broke it the first time!!
I could tell just by looking at him that he was in a lot of pain, and so I finally convinced him to go to the ER late Tuesday night. There, his suspicions were confirmed. We are really thankful that he did not require surgery, as the ER doctor thought he might need it. Instead he is in a good ole hard cast for 4-6 weeks.
He has already gotten really good at doing things one handed. He even made our bed this morning! Elise is enjoying being his assistant in the morning and buttoning his shirt cuff and tying his shoes. I guess I need to learn how to tie a tie, because he just brings one with him and has someone at the office do it!
We are just really thankful that it wasn't worse and know that he'll be as good as new in no time. I'm a little sad for him because this rules out golf on our annual beach trip (pretty much the only time he plays unless with work these days) and so I know that is really disappointing for him.
We hope he feels better soon!
The kids are looking forward to decorating his cast, and so I'll have to post some pictures when they get that done!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I am so sad for David. I hope he heals quickly. Tell the kids to stop being so rough with him.