1.21.2009

Bigfoot

My wonderful Aunt K came over yesterday morning to help me out and so I decided to use the opportunity to take Bennett on a little shoe shopping trip while she played with Elise (still not feeling well) and Lila. All three kids are in Jared and Erinn's wedding in March and so I have been getting the outfits together. Bennett needed some shoes...We didn't have any luck, but at one of the stores the super-nice associate offered to measure his foot for me just to make sure I would get him the right size in case I found some online. This turned into quite an embarrassing moment. He removed his size 6 1/2 shoes to measure his foot and tell me that he is actually a 7 1/2 wide!! So, we have basically been cramming his foot into shoes that are too small for a while now! Poor little Bennett! Luckily, I had two pairs of shoes at home in the closet waiting for him (I tend to stock-up when I find an awesome sale- kids shoes are outrageous!) and so I am happy to say my little boy is in shoes that actually fit today!
It was so obvious how completely happy Bennett was to have me all to himself for that hour yesterday. He was a complete angel in every store and when I carried him in (no stroller- I took advantage of being able to hold him!!) he would often lay his head on my shoulder. SOOO SWEET! I am going to try as best as I can to have more one on one time with each of them. It pretty much never happens, but it is a something I am going to work on...




On another note, Bennett has been insisting lately that his two buddies- Mozart the Monkey and "Buddy" (not sure if it is buddy or baby he is saying, but we are going with buddy)- eat breakfast with him...This is him this morning with them crammed into the high chair with him...



Thank heaven for little boys! :)
Happy Wednesday!
Love, Nicole

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

Funny!

NIKKI said...

He's too cute!
I want more one on one with mine too.. It's so hard to get that! Glad you got some one on one time with him. Do you already have dresses for Elise and Lila? I have two you can borrow! :)