1.19.2009

Under wraps

I am a little post-happy today (my THIRD for the day!)...Guess making up for lost time...Also, working on some stationery and I can do this in between...

As I was feeding the kids dinner tonight and watching Lila and Bennett throw the majority of their food as far as they could across the room I started thinking...why??? Well, more specifically, why are my children such closet-bad-behaviorists (if that isn't a word than I just made it up)??

Last week when Elise was in school I took Lila and Bennett to the indoor playground and met lots of the M.O.M.S there. When it was time for lunch, everyone was commenting on how calm and well behaved my children were as they sat in their chairs (not even high chairs) and quietly and calmly ate their food. I was very thankful for the compliments, and proud of my children's behavior, but the whole time I am thinking- I CANNOT believe this!! WHAT is going on???!!They act like wild animals at home and have contests to see who can throw food, plates, and cups the farthest!!!! If I let them sit at a "real" table at home they would never stay still like that!!!

Lila and Bennett aren't alone in their mischief-under-wraps ploy...Elise is a perfect angel at MDO, in fact (and I quote), her teacher, "wishes she could have a full class of just Elise"...And, although I am thankful every single day for my sweet, unique, smart, and quirky Elise..I also am often challenged by her stubbornness and relentlessness...

And, you know those days, where nothing goes right and noone is in a good mood and you tell your husband and when he comes home all of the sudden everyone turns into little angels with big smiles and a willingness to cooperate and then he is looking at you like you are the biggest exaggerator ever??? (Or, am I the only one this happens to?)

Just some of the thoughts swirling around in my head tonight as I get ready to go clean the pasta remnants off of the floor.....

3 comments:

NIKKI said...

Ok I was just laughing so hard I almost peed in my pants... They were PERFECT little angels sitting there eating last week!!! I so think your children are SOOO well behaved...maybe videos to prove us all wrong. :)
I completely get it. I've been there..especailly the hubby coming home part!

Nicole said...

I am choosing to go to bed thinking that AT least this must mean that they know the difference between right and wrong! So, I must be doing something right. Now I just have to figure out how to make them want to do "right" when at home too! :)

monique said...

This is hilarious! I can't wait to see the closet-food-throwing monkeys in a couple of days!!!

And, I can't wait to see the new playroom...based on the pics, it looks awesome---I think you will be so glad you made that change...

Love ya'll! MO