1.29.2009

Hairdresser in the House

I walked into the kitchen this evening to see this all over the floor...



I almost could not bear to look at Elise, because I didn't know what I was going to see...David saw the look of horror on my face and went white- and I just kept telling myself, "it's just hair, it's not that big of a deal, it's just hair".....you get the point...
Luckily, it could have been much worse...as you can see below it really isn't THAT noticeable (well, it's pretty noticeable, but I am still working on getting over it).



Her explanation? "Mom, I just decided I want short hair."

Anyway, I think she now understands that next time she decides she wants to change her "look", she just needs to tell me and we will come to a compromise. I am actually fine with her having shorter hair, I was just keeping it long until the wedding...the funny thing is that she has always loved her long hair and (prior to tonight) told me she never wanted it cut. She did start to cry a little when what she had done actually sunk in..the permanence of it...But, who knows what goes on in the mind of a three year old. Needless to say, all scissors have now been confiscated and hidden in even higher drawers and cabinets. I am really thankful she didn't try to stylize her brother or sister...whoa....

Off to bed...
Nite, nite!
Nicole

2 comments:

christy said...

nicole,
if it makes you feel better, conner did the same thing to his hair 2 weeks ago except his is dead middle center in the front. we took him for a trim to help even it out, but i still have to style and hairspray it, which i'm sure as a boy he just loves. i caught him in his "salon" just in time bc he was trying to cut mary frances' hair. that probably would've ended up in the ER i'm sure. at least elise's hair is long. i really don't think it's too noticeable. tell her just to run down the aisle.

NIKKI said...

OH Nicole! This is one of my biggest fears with the girls... Mine don't have long hair and it would be disaterous. I can't tell you how many times we've had the conversation about who cuts your hair?? Mr. Tran! and ONLY him! I am sure my time is coming. I've had tons of friends that their girls do this at this age.


At least she didn't cut it that short!