2.12.2013

day four: magic kingdom mardi gras

 Happy Mardi Gras!!!

Poor Bennett had a rough night last night and was up several times screaming with ear pain. He has had a cough for about a week and a slight runny nose, and so I guess it went into his ear. Can't remember the last time we have had an ear infection!  David needed to attend his CLE for a couple of hours this morning and so we planned for me to take the kids to the character breakfast in our hotel while he did that. As soon as he was out of class I was taking Bennett to the nearest Dr. Unfortunately everything at home closed due to Mardi Gras, so my hopes of begging our pediatrician to call something in were crushed and I knew I was going to have to take him somewhere.
But a little fun first. Bennett definitely wasn't himself, but he was well enough (no fever) to go to breakfast. {Funny, I kind of wonder if we should avoid this breakfast should we return because last time Elise was sick the morning of!!}

A big hug from Winnie the Pooh helped cheer him up...




And Tigger is a crowd favorite...



The girls loved meeting Alice and Mary Poppins...



The Mad Hatter was super silly and Lila was intrigued by his HUGE nose!


Bennett was going downhill fast and so as soon as David was out of class he took the girls and I took Bennett to the nearest urgent care center.
FOUR HOURS later (definitely not the most enjoyable day we have had lately) we emerged with the diagnosis we were counting on- double ear infection and some antibiotics.

Meanwhile, David and the girls were having a good ole time in Magic Kingdom!


Another turn on Buzz Lightyear.



Meeting Daisy in the new Storybook Circus area (so adorable, by the way).




Meeting Minnie as well.


Another spin on Cinderella's Carousel.



And Elise was thrilled to take another spin on Goofy's Barnstormer, front seat and solo no less!!!
This one drew tears from Lila and Bennett day one and so David sat out with Lila and they let Elise go by herself. It is a short, but quick roller coaster...new since the last time we went.


So excited about her solo ride!! Running to hug her Daddy!


Bennett and I finally made it back to the GF from the clinic and he swore all he needed was a little ice cream and he was ready to go. So, I gave him a dose of Motrin for pain, plus the first dose of the azithromycin and then we hopped on the monorail to meet them at the MK.


It was very sweet how Lila acted like she hadn't seen him for days and they held hands for a little while. Until they started fighting. :)


Then pure excitement and glee when we ran into their school and church friend Stevie and his family!


We had been "on the lookout" for him (among others) this trip and so they were sooooo thrilled to see him!!


Adorable.


Time to ride Dumbo.

For the short time we were back at the park I had the chance to go on Space Mountain with Elise. I had not been on it since I was her age and it kind of traumatized me! I think I was hysterical the entire time. My poor Dad. But, not Elise. She loved it. I enjoyed it too this time actually, so I guess I have come a long way. :)
Elise really loves roller coasters!!! Still amazes me because you would think Lila would be the super daring one with her more extroverted personality, but it is actually the completely opposite! 



Before long the double whammy of the Motrin and antibiotic on a pretty much empty stomach took its toll and poor Bennett went downhill, fast. His stomach started hurting on the Dumbo ride and then he got very nauseous. Throwing up in Disney World is no fun! So back to the hotel we headed, and the poor guy didn't even make it out of the park before he passed out in the stroller.
We got back and I gave him a quick bath and ordered him some toast from room service, but before it even came (and they were quick!) he was back asleep for the night.

David and the girls stayed and met up with one of his co-workers and his family. His has girls the same age as ours and the clicked immediately. So adorable! They had an absolute blast!!


Even when Winnie the Pooh broke down while they were on it!



Watching the Electric Parade.




The four new friends.




Our girls and just some of Chris and Sheila's kids. 
We are total slackers compared to them! :)


A pretty shot of the castle.





And finishing the night with a dance party in the streets of Disney! I'm not even sure what time they came in, as Bennett and I were sound asleep! David said moods were good and they were having a blast so he hated to make them come in. Glad he got some great pics so that I could see how much fun they were having, and I was perfectly content back at the hotel with my sweet boy.


{*The incorrect orientation of these pictures is seriously making me insane, but I don't know what else to do. They aren't even turned this way in the files and so I have no clue why that is happening! UGH!!!}



No comments: