5.15.2009

Almost summer....


Elise had her adorable Spring Program at school yesterday. Once she warmed up she did a great job performing and really got into her songs! She has such a cute class this year and they have all had so much fun! I am soooo thankful that she gets to spend a few hours a week with a great group of kids her age in a very loving and nurturing environment! She loves school! I know she is going to miss it so much this summer....
On another note, the tradition of a Parnell kid being sick on a holiday is holding true. Ok, so it isn't technically a holiday, but it IS "moving weekend" for us, and Bennett woke up with a fever this morning. He seems ok, so hopefully it is just a little virus...
We are SUPER thankful that we sold our house!!! Yipppeee!! There were a few "catches" that came along with it, the biggest being that we had to be out in less than 2 weeks. But, with a lot of help, we are making it happen and we are so excited! We are moving into a construction zone (new house not exactly ready for us yet! oops) which will one day be our dream house, so the next few weeks should be a very interesting adventure!!
Lastly, I had to share the wonderful (HA) new "trick" that my little lady (I use the term lady very loosely) Lila has been performing at meals. She fills her mouth up as full as she can with her juice or milk, and then leans over and gracefully spits it all over the floor. L-o-v-e-l-y. I am not exactly sure what to do about the new phenomenon. She seems to love the attention, positive or negative, and doesn't seem to mind when I take her drink away for the rest of the meal. So far Bennett has not joined in, but I know it is only a matter of time. I think she may be banned to eat all meals outside at the new house.......
Luckily, she reserves her trickery for meals at home...we ate out the other night and they were such angels that 3 different people stopped at our table to compliment their table manners. I SO badly wanted to say, "oh, thanks, but they are closet nightmares at mealtime"..but instead I just smiled and said, "thank you". (I honestly think they were just so hungry-it was a little later than our usual dinner time- that they were focused on the food...)This one other older man came over and said, "I know you have your hands so full...but enjoy it! They will be big and grown before you know it!"... I know he is right, and so that is what we try to do every day! Even as I am cleaning up milk off the floor for the 3 time in a row.....:)

Hope everyone enjoyed their week....

Love, Nicole

3 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

maybe that is good that you don't have floors in the new house....with Lila's new trick!

Lori said...

Congrats on Selling your house! What a relief. I hope to see the new house when I visit this summer :)

NIKKI said...

Hope you get alot done this weekend. Little Ms. Lila cracks me up.. I have NO idea what to do with that new trick!