5.09.2009

Just a little peek...

into why I love my Mom so much...after posting the pics of all of the crafts the kids had made at school last week for Mother's Day, I got this email from my Mom, which almost caused me to die because I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard:

I just looked at your blog and can't stop laughing thinking of what Bennett's butterfly would look like. Next year when Bennett makes you a butterfly flag, do you think he could make one for me? I would hang it where I could see it everyday because his big toe butterfly would make me laugh every time I saw it.

Bennett does have an extremely big, big toe. It is one of my favorite little cute things about him. It is one of those things that my Mom noticed in the hospital right after they were born, and it has always made her laugh and smile.
Anyway,this email is so "her". My Mom doesn't try to be funny, but she is often hilarious. She is quiet and shy, but if you listen you will laugh. She doesn't demand attention, instead she spends all of her time giving attention to others. Helping to take care of me, my family, my Dad, brother and sister, along with her parents, and friends. She does little things, like make one of each of every one's favorite desserts at holidays, so that everyone feels special. She is the best. I am so thankful for her every single day.
Love you, Mom!

Happy Happy Mother's Day!
Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am the one who is thankful! You (and your brother and sister) make my Mother's Day special. Happy Mother's Day to you too! You are doing a great job! Love you.