5.22.2009

New Chapter

In a few minutes I will be heading out the door to sell our house. I didn't think I would feel sad, because we are so excited about our new chapter, but I do. I can't help but think about how much our lives have changed for the better in that house. I remember David and I excitedly buying it, talking about how we couldn't wait to fill it up with children. And, we did a pretty good job of that!
I remember the ugly wallpaper, over the top drapes, dated lighting, and blank canvas of a yard. I remember all of the weekend projects and the time and love we put into the house. Most importantly I remember bringing Elise, and then Lila and Bennett, home. And I am so thankful.
Time to turn the page...

3 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad and Lissa said...

We love that house too...but know that you will make your new one uniquely yours too! And we can't wait to see it! Good luck with the busy days ahead...we will be thinking of yall!

NIKKI said...

HOORAY for new chapters. YOu will always remember the old chapters too!
Hope all went great today!