5.26.2009

My big girl


Today my sweet Lila was sporting her first ponytail. She was looking pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself! Think I will try pigtails tomorrow and I can't wait. They are so "her". If that makes sense.

We had a great day trip to Baton Rouge yesterday where we visited with David's parents and checked out some of the furniture that they are so nicely offering us for the new house. We are SO thankful!! We topped that off with a delicious dinner homemade by Su at the Brister's last night. Yum!! This morning we spent some time with Aunt K and this evening with Mimi and Grandpa. I am doing my best to keep the kids busy and out of the construction zone and am so thankful to everyone that is opening their homes to us! :) We are loving our new neighbors..one couple came by with champagne and cookies for the kids, and another with wine and a cake. Drinking and eating- perfect for us. We think we'll save the champagne for when phase 1 (as I have been calling it) of the renovations are done. Which, with the progress they are making on the floors, doesn't feel like it will be too far away!

Time to get to bed!
Goodnight!
Nicole

1 comment:

Susan said...

The ponytail makes her look so grown up! (Not sure I like that - ha ha) Can't wait to see the pigtails. Hang in there - Phase I will be over soon and then you'll have to start cooking again!