4.13.2011

marshmellow pops

Blogger has been very uncooperative lately, so as much as it annoys me I am going to have to post the pics first and the story second. Ugh. I have seen some images of these adorable marshmallow pops floating around the blogosphere and since we have lots of spring fun coming up I thought we should do a test run to see what we thought. Lila, Bennett, and I picked up the supplies Monday while Elise was at school, but waited until she got home to get to work. They are actually pretty easy to make and I think look super cute. I did discover that the sticks I bought are a little too heavy, and so the pops can't stand up...I am thinking toothpicks might be the answer for the future. I also think, if we make these again, that I will let the kids use their hands to dip them, then place them down on the plate and then stick the toothpick in the top...that way the cute part will be showing, and there wouldn't be icing all over the plate...if that makes sense. Anyway, what was most surprising about this activity is that the kids didn't really LOVE eating them that much. This is especially shocking for Elise, our house sweet tooth. I let them each make three, and then they could eat the three they made...and NONE of them finished them. Stumped! Oh well, at least it provided a fun little afternoon activity! And they do look adorable, even if the aren't as delicious as I hoped!

1 comment:

monique said...

Cute idea! I'm laughing because I have that same exact cutting board in the same condition:) can't wait to see y'all this week.