4.30.2011

spring break

We have had lots of fun this week while the kids have been on spring break. We've spent lots of time at the pool swimming, played at the park, visited Grandparents, had some pictures taken (can't wait to see!), and just had a really full week.
We topped it off with a great day yesterday. Elise started asking for a short hair cut a few weeks ago, and I told her she needed to think about it....Didn't want to be over dramatic- after all it is just hair, but wanted her to realize it would take a while for it to grow back to the length it was. Also, to be completely honest, we had a photo session booked and I really wanted it long for the pictures. We haven't done professional pics in a while, and definitely wanted to get some in before she starts losing teeth!
So, after their pictures on Wednesday, she probably asked me another 47 times when she could get it cut. Yesterday morning we headed to get it done...



I tried to get an appointment with the girl who does my hair, but she was booked, so I took her to the little place I take Bennett. You should have seen the hairdressers face when Elise said she wanted it to her shoulders. She did not want to cut it!



I hoped she would be able to donate it, but it was not long enough for that..we were cutting about 6 inches and you have to cut 10. But, maybe that is something she can do in the future...



Ta-dah!! She LOVES it. Keeps tucking it behind her ears and flipping it around. She also wanted pig-tails this morning and they looked really cute!
I love it too! She does look very grown up to me...but I guess that is reality...it is happening....:)





After the haircut we headed to the trail head to meet up with the Bristers, Richardsons, and Barrois. We packed lunches and planned to stay a few hours and enjoy the absolutely gorgeous weather- almost no humidity, which is unheard of down here!
Well, after the Bristers and Richardsons had to head home for nap time...the Barrois kids and our kids just kept on playing....and playing....and playing....




They were having so much fun I didn't really see a reason to leave....David is working at the Zurich Classic this week, and naps are a thing of the past for a while for this group, so no need to rush home. We had food and drinks, and, like I said, the weather was gorgeous.

Mid-afternoon we walked across the street and treated them to sno-balls.




They had SO MUCH FUN.







We even topped it off with a semi-slumber party over here last night! Ella actually spent the night, and I put Camille and Bennett on sleeping bags in Lila's room to go to bed. Kimberly and Will picked up Camille after going to dinner, because, she, like Lila, does not have the best record at sleeping all night. (Needless to say Lila was not too happy when she realized Camille was gone in the middle of the night! HA!)


But, it was a great day for the kids, and for me...I love spending time outside soaking up vitamin D...especially when the kids are having a blast too!


It kind of started to get me excited for summer....which is a good thing, because it is right around the corner!

1 comment:

monique said...

I love the hair!