10.19.2008

Blast from the past, still hanging tough

I must digress from my usual children focused blogging to talk about my exciting mom's night out last night! Like alot of almost 32 year olds, I was a huge New Kids on the Block fan in middle school and jr. high. It was the first concert I went to, and I remember my friend Annie and I crying when they came onto the stage. Embarassing, but true. So, how could I, and two of my best friends from that time (that I am lucky enough to still live close to), pass up the opportunity to see NKOTB again?? Had to be there. Unfortunately, Casey ended up having to go to a wedding out of town, so she was not actually physically there...but, she was with us in spirit! She and Suzanne had gone to the concert together back in the 7th grade when Annie and I went! Suzanne and I were SOO excited. I have even been listening to their tape (yes, my car still has a tape player) so that I could refresh myself with some of the songs....We had floor tickets that we got at a great deal, and we were all set! I must admit, we were a little disappointed when we realized we were actually the very LAST row on the floor, but, hey, we were there! Su has a 12 week old, and then I have my three, so we were just pumped about a night out sans kids!
Well, a little while into the show, we can figure out that something is going on..the girl next to us told me that they were going to be performing on the floor and they might have to move us. We kind of blew her off, but then a few minutes later, the security team came and had everyone from our row and the row in front of us move into this small little area in front of a platform. Next thing we know, we are FRONT ROW!!!!! I have to admit, it was really fun! We were laughing at how funny it was, but we were also both excited- no matter who is in concert, how cool to be that close???! I have never experienced anything like that. I mean, I touched their hands!!!!!!! YIPPEEE....
Needless to say, it was so much fun to reminisce about being 13 again! I am so lucky that I have friendships that have lasted this long, and that we still can have as much fun as we did back then...Does kind of make me sentimental that we used to talk about the days when our kids would play together, and now those hypothetical conversations are coming true..But, meanwhile, we are still going to NKOTB concerts!! :)
I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to go last night! It was a great experience, a great time spent with a wonderful friend, and something I'll be talking about for a while!





There was a huge group of girls in front of us that went all out...They crimped their hair, wore side pony tails, made t-shirts with the neon puff paint (remember that stuff??), etc...It was funny...



Seriously. Look how close we were! FUN!



Above you can see Suzanne's boyfriend, Jordan. He was her favorite back in "the day". (These days, we think he has been keeping BOTOX in business.)





Joey was always my favorite. I must say, he is still pretty cute!



This is my favorite picture of the night!!



Me, waving to the new kids!




Joey again. They were on a spinning stage, so it was neat because you could see everyone. I really thought we were going to get crushed to death, some girls behind us were going crazy!

It was a great night! Now, back to the world of diapers and biting! :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Love , Nicole

5 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

It brings tears to my eyes! I LOVE JORDAN! Had a blast!

monique said...

That's awesome (and hilarious)! Glad you and Suz had a fun night out! You were back in the days of pinch rolling jeans, permed bangs and everything acid washed!!!!! Fun! Love ya, MO

Davis and Suzanne said...

I LOVE THE MUSIC YOU ARE PLAYING!!!

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

love the music - that is hilarious! looks like y'all enjoyed reliving the days - just glad that y'all didn't bring the hair sprayed bangs back in style :) ha, ha!

Hope said...

I am so jealous! I LOVED the NKOTB back in the day! Looks like you guys had a great time!