10.13.2008

Terrible Twos (squared)????

Lila and Bennett have been hitting most developmental milestones a little late (not abnormal for babies born a month early) , but I have a feeling we are hitting the terrible twos a little early!! In the past few weeks we have started tantrums, biting, and all sorts of other fun things that I thought were AT LEAST had 6 more months away...It is very interesting, and challenging, to watch two go through this at the same time. Their frustration levels are unbelieveably low! I just pray that God gives me extra patience and tolerance during this time, and that I am able to help them learn how to deal with their frustrations! It is crazy how they can be giving each other hugs and kisses one minute, and then fighting like crazy the next! I have a feeling I am entering into a whole new world.....
But even tonight, as I am recovering from a very challenging afternoon (at least 3 bite attacks, including Bennett getting "written up" at Mother's Day Out, not to mention Elise using her ability to throw-up easily as a way to get out of bedtime) I still find myself counting my blessings. They may have driven me crazy today, but at least they are here in their adorable little bodies to do so!
Goodnight!
Nic

2 comments:

dbfontenot said...

Reed had that amazing ability to throw up at the drop of a hat---so sorry you have one too! I'm sending extra patience your way,

Danielle

Susan said...

You are doing great! Keep hanging in there! Love, Mom