10.26.2008

Fall is FUN!

I am a couple of days behind, but I wanted to make sure I included this little story about Elise so that I don't forget about it!! Monique always wants to talk to her on the phone, and for the most part, she doesn't want to. Well, Thursday night, after dance class, she announced that she wanted, "to call some people"! I said, sure, and her first request was Aunt Mo. Mo didn't answer, so she left a voicemail (hilarious) and then said she wanted to call my Dad ("G"). So I call him and put it on speaker. I hear him answer and she goes, "hey G, what have you been doing?"
It was so fun to hear the surprise in his voice when he realized it was Elise calling! She told him that she had tried to call Mo and didn't get her, and wondered if he had Howie's (Mo's dog!!!) phone number. We were cracking up! As she was wrapping up with G, Mo called her back and they chatted for a while. Funniest part of the call was when she told Mo that G was busy doing dishes. Who know where she gets this stuff! My Dad does a lot, but dishes aren't exactly his specialty!



Laid back and enjoying her phone calls....



Saturday morning we went to watch David play tennis...Elise wanted to take a picture, and I am pretty sure that this is the one she took! She was so proud to watch him play! We actually were able to stay about 30 whole minutes before it seemed like Lila and Bennett were planning a way to escape the wagon I had them in! The weather has been so beautiful we have been taking every opportunity we can to be outside...




We continued our Saturday by attending our first ever "Monster Mash"- a local Halloween themed fair put on by one of the hospitals...We had a great time, although it is pretty exhausting keeping up with the three little ones! I had to take a nap after!



I have to admit, I see alot of myself in this picture of Lila...



The kiddos ready to go in their deluxe wagon from Emmy and Pop! We love this thing!



Bennett can whistle! I am still not sure if it is on purpose or not, but every once in a while he does it. He makes me smile! My little man...



Elise has really come out of her shell over the past few months...In the past she would have never done a big slide like this! She was loving all of the big jumpers and slides! She would have done this over and over all day if we would have let her! Our little girl is growing up!



They had a little village set up where the kids could go trick or treating...here is Bennett trying to figure out what is going on, and Lila taking her turn. She loves anything that resembles a purse, so she did great carrying her bag!






Elise (very seriously) decorating her cookie at the cookie decorating booth!

Elise petting an Alligator! So brave!!
Not to long after this we caught a glimpse of our good friend Boyd (extremely tall!) in the crowd and so David went and got he and his family so that we could spend some fun time with the Kitchens! We had totally under estimated how crowded the fair would be and just thought we would easily find all of our friends that were there...That was not the case! It was packed!
Mary Miller wanted to climb right in with Lila and Bennett...Luckily, she is a tough cookie and used to playing rough with Will...Bennett is in a rough phase and I was worried about him hitting her. If he did, she didn't seem to notice!

Will and Elise just love each other. It is so sweet. I don't think they have ever had a fight, and they love to hold hands and hug when they play. It is really cute!
Elise with the Halloween Hippo!
David and Bennett watching the clowns...
It was a great day! Fun memories!!
In addition, today we had a great visit with the Adams! They came to watch the Saints game with us, and I guess they brought good luck! GO Saints! We all loved spending time with them and are so thankful that they made the trip over!
What a great weekend of fun! Hope this great fall weather sticks around!
Goodnight everyone!
Love, Nicole










2 comments:

monique said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the matching dresses that Lila and Elise have on---so precious. Keep encouraging those phone calls from Elise, they make my day! She is just so funny--I can't wait to talk to her about her Halloween experience this week, will be quite humorous! love ya'll, MO

Davis and Suzanne said...

We need to teach Lila how to sit like a lady! HA!
Adorable pics.