10.02.2008

Fun with Mimi and Grandpa

I usually forget to take pictures when we go for our weekly visit, but this week I remembered!
As usual, we all had a great time with Mimi and Grandpa...As I have said before, the kids LOVE going over to visit...
I usually pack the kids dinner, but I was running behind this week, so I ended up (shhh-don't tell) driving through McDonald's on the way over to get them something to eat. (I will say, the Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls they have right now are so adorable!!!) Some of my guilt was eased, though, when I noticed a friend two cars in front of me doing the same thing!! I won't "out" her here, but it did make me feel better! Anyway, my point of this is that Bennett and Lila had their first hamburger, and boy did they LOVE it. I think Bennett's half was gone in less than 30 seconds!!! It is so nice that they will pretty much eat and try anything- especially since this is a constant battle when it comes to Elise. I mean, she wouldn't even eat McDonald's chicken nuggets!!!!!!!!
Grandpa has this new walker...seen below...which I don't think he uses...So, Mimi gave L & B a ride on it!




They love to take turns in the rocking chair...



Lila wearing Mimi's bracelet...In the past two weeks she is suddenly extremely attached to her monkey..it is really cute...she carries it EVERYWHERE...think we may have to buy a back-up one soon, as this one is starting to look pretty bad...I think she sucks on its little ear at night!


Elise and Grandpa reading....


I am so thankful for this time that I have with them...I love seeing our children interact with their Great Grandparents and I know that we are creating irreplaceable memories!
Have a great day!
Nicole

1 comment:

monique said...

I'm glad you cherish this time with Mimi and Grandpa...you are right, it's very special and fortunate that you have this opportunity and that you are taking advantage of it! I know it brightens Mimi and Grandpa's days when you and the monkeys (:)) are around...I'm so sad that I won't see them till Thanksgiving...they are growing too fast!!! Even since the beach, they look so much more grown up to me...they are the most precious toddlers...hug them for me!!!