12.18.2008

Congratulations Daddy!

David found out Wednesday night that he made partner at his law firm! We are so thankful that they acknowledge and appreciate all of his hard work! We are so proud of him!

Yeah Daddy!

In other Parnell news, I made my first trip to the ER this morning with one of my children. Actually, I think that is pretty impressive considering I have three kids and two of them climb everything in sight!! Bennett has been struggling with a cold and early this morning we could not get his wheezing controlled, even with the nebulizer we have. So, I talked to the nurse and she told me to go on in. He was a real trooper, and after 5 hours there he was diagnosed with RSV. They gave him a couple of more breathing treatments and some oral steroids and he already seems much better. In fact, I think he is on a steroid high because I saw him a minute ago trying to throw a soccer ball through one of our Christmas wreaths as if it were a basketball goal.

When I was sitting in the ER room with plenty of time to think, my mind keep wandering back to parents who have really sick kids and who have to watch them be poked and prodded like he was (for just a few hours) all of the time. I can't imagine! It actually helped me keep our little visit in perspective...just a little bump in the road, and he'll be fine!

Can't believe only 7 more days until Christmas!

Love, Nicole

3 comments:

The Petro Family said...

This has GOT to be the sweetest video I have ever seen. I cried and cried listen to the true sincerity in her voice. She meant ever word she said.

Lori said...

Ok - you always seem to make me cry while reading your blog! That is the most precious video clip of Elise. So unbelievably sweet!

monique said...

I can't wait to see ya'll on Monday...I miss my sweet Elise so much! Congrats to David! What an awesome accomplishment...I'm glad his hard work hasn't gone unnoticed! Love ya'll, MO