12.19.2008

Good idea?

Once in a blue moon I come up with an idea that I am proud of...
Right now that is the use of this antique piece of iron we have hanging in our den. David's parents found it on one of their antique hunts in Europe and when I saw it I just loved it! Before children, the iron was just a great way to fill up an oddly shaped wall that we have with a piece of interesting architectural salvage..Now, every Christmas I display all of our Christmas cards on it...I know people work hard on those cards, and I would hate to just throw them away after looking at them. This way we get to enjoy them for quite a long time...And, during the rest of the year we use the iron as additional "refrigerator" space for all of Elise's artwork. Can't wait for Lila and Bennett to start adding to the display!

1 comment:

dbfontenot said...

Great idea! i tape mine to the pantry door (it usually makes it half way around our kitchen cupboards too.
PS--I'm having a lot of trouble with addresses this year (switched to apple) What is yall's address????