12.04.2008

Sweet Lila

Yesterday I had a sweet surprise when I went to pick up Lila and Bennett from Mother's Day Out. When I walked up to the door I could see Lila sitting on the floor with one of her classmates laying down with his head resting near her leg. He was hugging his little "lovey" and she was "reading" a book to him (no matter that the book was upside down!). It was sooo cute. It was even cuter when the teachers told me the back story. Apparently the little one was upset and so Lila went and got his lovey and handed it to him on the ground where he was laying. Then she sat down and scooted herself up to him with the book and started to read. They said she is definitely the care-taker of the class! I just had to tell this story, because I know I give my feisty "middle" child a hard time for how rough and tough she can be...deep down she is just a little sweetheart! She such a special little one!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have noticed how she cares for Bennett and thought that was a "twin thing." But not surprised that she (like the other two) is caring and sensitive to others....they have a great teacher and role model. Love you, Mom