4.02.2009

Should I be concerned?

A little worried today about what exactly is going on in Bennett's brain....


He spent a good 5 - 10 minutes this morning trying to sit on this chair from Elise's dollhouse.



I felt kind of bad laughing at him, but it was funny how frustrated he was and how he just didn't "get" that this was not going to work....


THANKFULLY, about this time he started laughing with me...I think he finally figured it out....Then, in true boy fashion, he decided the best way to handle this situation was to....


throw it as far across the kitchen as he could!!!!!!

***

Over in decorating dreamland (which exists inside my head these days), I have TONS of exciting BIG ideas for the new house. A few problems exist with these dreams. 1) The house is not ours as of yet. 2) We would need to win the lottery to make some of these things come true, as we have many other things that NEED to be done to the house before we move on to accessories...
Good thing is I'm ok with it.
Ok, I should be honest. I am ok with it approx 96% of the time. The little OCD in me, of course, would like to have everything I want now. Sounds kind of bratty though and definitely isn't "real" life, or the way it should be for that matter. The dreaming just gives the creative side of my brain something to do and it is FUN. I think it is also a way for me to keep my mind off of other things going on both in our lives and in friends' lives...sort of an "escape"....
So, for "fun" I'll show you the latest objects of my affection...
This awesome painting I found here on etsy. I am not usually into things that are overly modern, but for some reason I can just picture this in my dining room. We are blessed to have several beautiful antiques given to us by David's parents, and I think this would provide a nice contrast. (Funny, I kind of sound like I know what I am talking about!)


In addition, think this chandelier would be the focal point of the room...See, it has everything...a little black (like our chairs), a little wood (like our table), and a little pizazz to make the "formal" dining room "formal" without really being "formal". I don't know...formal and fancy just don't seem to make sense with three super awesome kiddos that like to explore!!
***
Thirdly, make sure you check out this post from my talented sister, Monique!
Ok...I think I've bored you enough...
Nicole

2 comments:

Susan said...

Obviously, David and Dennis need to really work on his athletic skills for obtaining a scholarship......not looking too good for an academic scholarship!
(Actually he is just a normal male - takes them awhile..... but they eventually get it!)

Davis and Suzanne said...

Poor baby. That is really funny.