4.09.2009

They are trickling in...




I can relate a lot to Kate's post from this morning....
It has definitely been one of those weeks where the days are just getting away from me...I know things will slow down next week with Spring Break and I am looking forward to that! I am so THRILLED to have a few more pictures of the kids from Jared and Erinn's wedding...I hope more trickle in...

We closed on the "new" house this afternoon and right now David and I (I think I can speak for him) are feeling about 150 emotions...mostly grateful, thrilled, thankful, excited, and optimistic...but admittedly a little nervous and scared...we are very hopeful that our current house will sell soon, which would be a huge relief!

Bennett is a little under the weather..running a pretty high temp...but luckily, with his laid back personality, he only really seems "sick" when it is time for another dose of motrin.

My Mom came today to babysit for both the closing and Elise's school Easter party- thanks Mom!!! I was on the "committee" for the party, and had a blast spending time in her classroom. She is blessed with such sweet, nurturing, and caring teachers, and her classmates are adorable! I am still feeling a little guilty that I brought store bought cookies rather than baking home-made (as I had planned), but things like houses on the market and sick babies got the best of me! Oh well, the three year olds didn't seem to notice! Thank goodness for Mandeville Bake Shop!

Playing Games...
With the Easter bonnet she made...
Her sweet class!
Hope everyone had a great week and that everyone has a very Blessed Easter weekend.
Love, Nicole



3 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

So sorry we are playing phone tag...it is one of those weeks! I agree with you and Kate!
Keep me posted...

Theresa Miller said...

Congratulations on closing on your new home! I'm so happy for you all, and can't wait to see pictures. And I will keep you in my prayers that your current home sells quickly. When we bought our new house last year while still having the other one on the market, my mom brought us a statue of St. Joseph and we buried it in the backyard. I think all in all it worked because the old house sold after 5 months, which in the Orlando market isn't too bad. So definitely worth a try!
- theresa

Lori said...

first of all, congrats on your closing! i have the same advice as theresa. i went through the same thing in 2007. the stress can be unbearable at times. luckily we had two mortgages for only two months! i also buried st joseph in my yard and said his prayer daily! he now stands in a very special place in our new home.
good luck!