4.29.2009

What plan?

David and I thought we had a pretty good plan to have Nikki take some pics on the little beach here and give our Moms each a good one of the kids for Mother's Day. They both seem to love pictures of the kids and so we thought it would be great.
Once again I was reminded that as much as I may plan (which my Mom and sister are probably cracking up at- as they are even bigger and better planners than me!), I am not ultimately in control of what will become of that plan....
We had to reschedule the photo shoot once because the kids were sick. Nikki was nice enough to squeeze us in before her family trip so that we would for sure have the pictures ready for Mother's Day. The day came, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. I thought, "Yes! Everything is going according to my plan!"
Then, hiccup one - Lila and Bennett chose this day to take an e x t r a long nap. I had to WAKE them up at 4 to be to the location on time.
Hiccup two - Elise falls dead asleep in the car on the way there. Whenever this happens she is always pure joy when she is woken up. Ha.Ha.
Hiccup three- Bennett is having a kind of bad hair day.
Hiccup four- Lila is in a HORRIBLE mood and screams hysterically every time I put her down on the sand. As if I were putting her down on hot coals. Umm....not so much of a great "plan" at this point.
Luckily, Nikki is both a Mom, and a good friend, and she was sooo patient with the kids. And, especially considering the circumstances, I think the pictures are beautiful. But, with the MAJOR lack of cooperation we weren't able to get one spectacular pic of the three of them together- as we hoped.
So, I guess we'll have to go to plan B. Or C. Or D.

Here are some of my favorites:































I wasn't planning on being in the pictures, but this one makes me laugh so much because it really captured what was going on that afternoon!




Nikki was cracking up (I swear she is a nice lady!!)-- she just knows Lila, and that she is a drama queen (and a spunky, funny, nurturing, cute little thing-- got to defend my girlie), and so she kept shooting pictures of her meltdowns....Glad I have proof!!!!





On another note, thought I would share Elise's lastest quote of the day. She was doing her usual routine of trying to talk us out of bedtime last night and we finally just had to put her in her room until we finished putting Lila and Bennett down. As I was walking out of her door she flung her hands up to face and screamed, "This CANNOT be happening to me!!" and then dramatically flung herself on to the bed. I swear she may win an Oscar one day.




Night, Night! Got to go catch up on Idol and get the house ready for another showing tomorrow (keep your fingers crossed for us!).

Love, Nic

5 comments:

Hope said...

I think that picture story sounds all to familiar to me..it seems the story of my life! But I love the pictures of Lila in what appears to be a silk dupioni dress sitting in sand and throwing a fit...now that is priceless!

Theresa Miller said...

Nicole - the pictures are beautiful! I think they turned out great. You guys are such a good looking family!
Theresa

Brad and Lissa said...

love the pictures! does plan a ever really work? haha!

monique said...

I think you got some great ones! They are precious...

TheOilHippie said...

These pictures are beautiful - even the crying ones!!! :)