4.05.2009

Whose afraid of the big bad Easter Bunny??!!

Saturday morning we had planned to take the kids to the Easter Bunny Breakfast at the Country Club. I love any excuse to get my kiddos dressed up and to eat yummy breakfast! Late in the week David found out that the tennis tournament he was playing in was going to conflict with the breakfast....darn. Luckily, my Mom offered to fill in and go with me! We had a great time!! We also got to see lots of friends from the neighborhood, which was great!

Breakfast is, by far, our kids MOST favorite meal of the day. Even Elise eats breakfast!!!
Look at her plate! This is probably the amount of food she typically eats in an entire day. Well, on Saturday she cleaned her plate!



Susu and the girls being silly!



Bennett so excited about his grapes.... (this was about round 5 for him as well. He had already had biscuits, bacon, hash browns, french toast sticks... the works!)


Elise, Lila, and Susu having fun!



My sweet Lila Sue...she looks so calm and innocent here....(HA!)


So, everything was going really well. The kids were behaving and everyone was staying in their seats (for the most part). Things took a sharp nose dive for Lila when the Easter Bunny arrived. Bennett was about to pull my arm off trying to get TO him, and Lila wanted to get as FAR away as she could. Felt a little mean, but I had to get one picture. Very reminiscent of our Santa picture this year!


I rescued the drama queen before her nervous breakdown got any worse and snapped a quick pic of Elise and Bennett.


They each were given a piece of chocolate, which, of course, they wanted to eat immediately. I figured whatever, why not? Unfortunately right about then my camera battery died. Luckily Su Brister was there (with cutie pie Jacob AND her super duper camera) and snapped some pics of the kids with their chocolate. Can't wait to see those.
Soon after we left the breakfast Elise said, "You know Mom, that was not the REAL Easter Bunny. He had regular skin under his costume."
I thought....Oh great. Here we go, and she is only THREE.
But, luckily, she seemed very content with my explanation that the Easter Bunny has to have helpers because he can't be at every Easter Bunny Breakfast. And, in addition, he is resting his legs for his big hop next weekend. Ahhh...of course!
Whewww!

No comments: