7.27.2009

adventures in nashville

We had a GREAT time on our trip to Nashville!!! Mo was such a good hostess...she had everything all ready for us! It was a jammed packed 4 days and we loved every minutes of it (ok, not EVERY minute of it)...We spent lots of time at parks, made a trip to the zoo, had a delicious bbq at Phillips' house, hit the flea market (I could have spent two full days there!), squeezed in a quick trip to the outlet mall....we did it ALL! Here are some of my favorite pics from our trip:
















*Notice that the meerkat in the above picture bears a striking resemblance to Mo's dog, Howie!


I had to include the pic of the GIANT anteater, because he provided the basis for one of Elise's best one-liners of the trip. According to Mo, when she saw him, she said, "Mo, we could really use one of those. We've been having a lot of ants lately."



















We took the kids to a cupcake bakery as a treat for being so good at the zoo. They each got to pick their own cupcake and carry in the special box home to eat...Elise was sooooo excited...





It was such a fun trip!!! We SOO appreciate Mo's hospitality, and the fact that she let us (especially Lila---oh, do I have stories!) take over her house for 4 whole days. I am also thankful to my Mom for all of her help. Especially couldn't have survived the 8 hour car ride without her! I am so glad we were able to give the kids these experiences....we probably did more exploring in four days than I have been able to do with them all summer. They had such a blast. Seeing their expressions at the zoo and at the different parks was just so fulfilling and SOO much fun! It is also so important to me that they get to spend as much quality time with their Aunt (and other Aunt and Uncle) as possible and so it means a lot that Mo was ready and willing to use vacation days to spend time with them. They are so lucky!!
Now it is time to rest, recover, and reboot for our upcoming beach trip!
Happy Summer!!


















2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

The trip was fun! I enjoyed spending time with everyone - even the 8 hr car ride. Elise, Lila, and Bennett "teach" me things everyday. They get SO excited and enjoy the simple things; something I need to be reminded of. I know Monique enjoyed having everyone for a visit and also the opportunity to show you some of her favorite shopping places.