7.21.2009

Summer Days

As my new header (courtesy of the talented Aunt Mo) says, we are enjoying the summer! It is actually flying right on by...Yesterday we had a great day at home recovering from the weekend...It was actually somewhat bearable to be outside, and so we took advantage of that for pretty much the whole day! Of course, we did take at least two popsicle breaks and eventually turned on the sprinkler...


Elise insisted on wearing her safety vest to play in the sprinkler and ride her tricycle...whatever floats your boat, girlie.


I could NOT resist these retro shades I found on clearance at Gap for Bennett...is that not the funniest thing ever??? They have mirrored lenses and all....Can't wait for the beach pics! We gave the twins these trikes for their birthday and more than trying to ride them they LOVE to push them around....whatever makes them happy, and at least it still wears them out!

They dynamic duo....our driveway is a pretty big slope, and it didn't take Bennett long to figure out that he can push his bike up to the top, then get on the bike and FLY down to the bottom...that is when I had to start mandating the helmets!!! He was having a BLAST though!

He decided to leave the helmet on for some added protection during his first sprinkler run...

Girls on a mission....

Today Elise and I planted the leftover seeds from her party favors...She is so serious about them...We are really hoping David remembers to water them while we are gone so we can have a few sprouts soon.....One of the benefits of not having drapes on the windows in the breakfast room (see the positive spin I put on that?) is that I think the pots will get enough sun lined up like this on our breakfast table....and it makes a cute centerpiece (until Bennett dumps one of them out....I am waiting.....)


I used these tiny little pots at her birthday party to hold the candy dipped pretzels we made. It is nice to see them be "recycled" and used for their intended purpose. I am hoping, if this goes well, that we can try a different type of seed each planting season...Elise seems really into it...Let's just pray we get some sprouts!

If you look REALLY closely in the below pic, in between the two trees, you may be able to see our newest resident, Foxy. (You can click on the pic and it will enlarge) Elise and I were working on thank you notes yesterday and I had my back to the backyard. She suddenly said, "Mom, there is a fox in our backyard!". I couldn't believe she recognized what it was, but she was totally right. He was sunbathing away like he owned the place! By the time I could get my camera, and memory card out of the computer, he had worked his way back into the clearing and was really hard to see....
Sadly, I realized we haven't seen Peter or Peter (our bunnies- E likes to stick with one name) since Shelley and Gray were here...and I am really hoping Foxy didn't eat them for dinner!!!


I better get back to packing and getting the car ready for our trip...I wanted to make sure I had lots of memory on my camera because I plan on taking lots of pics of our adventures with Aunt Mo! Let's just pray we start off with a peaceful car ride tomorrow....
Night, Night!
Nicole

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

Are you sure that is not a coyote???
have fun!

Tricia said...

Maybe Elise will be like Emogene, a safety fanatic. There is nothing wrong about being too cautious around that dangerous sprinkler.