7.20.2009

And again...

Yesterday, the birthday princess started off her day with a blueberry muffin breakfast with us and the Boerners. The girls had a great time playing with all of the new toys and just spending some time together before we headed off to church and they headed back to Brookhaven. At one point, Lila was "playing" with Tyndale..crawling on the ground with him and getting him to chase her. It was very cute. That little one is going to be walking in no time!!
After church we headed straight to the Brister's house to celebrate Jacob's 1st birthday with him! It was an adorable party, and it was obvious that Su spent many hours in front of the sewing machine in order to make it an extra special day for her little man. He is SUCH a cutie, and I can't believe he is already 1!
After 2 parties in less than 24 hours, and a sleepover with Quinn, this is how I found David and Elise about 5 minutes after they put Sleeping Beauty into the DVD player. Wiped out. I should have joined them.
After naps, we headed to a local Mexican restaurant for a casual birthday dinner. YUM. Then we headed over to Mimi and Grandpa's to celebrate with them. Unfortunately, my Grandfather is not doing all that well, and so it would have been too much for them to try to come to Elise's party, or over to our house to celebrate. SO, we decided to bring the party to them!



SuSu and G met us over there and gave the kids their presents. They had wisely saved the twins birthday gifts for them to open with Elise...definitely helped cut down on the drama. Emmy and Pop also brought little gifts for them, which was very nice (by the way, the Calico Critters bear family and accessories have been a HUGE hit!) . In a way, I think they need to just learn that it is not always their turn (or "term" as they say), but maybe we can try that next year. Age 2 is challenging enough! So, below you can see Elise in her robe and slippers (L and B each got one two) and Bennett playing with the sand scoopers they got for our trip to the beach in August....



Mimi and Grandpa gave Elise this very special ballet plate for her bookcase. She insisted on eating her birthday cake off of it, which we decided was ok this once...



Lila was patiently waiting for her cake....(we all need sugar detox after this weekend- BIGTIME!)



Our big 4 year old!





Mimi and Grandpa also gave Lila her own special plate, which she was thrilled to show off...Bennett got an adorable antique bank...I'll have to take a pic, it is so unique!



After cake, Grandpa read the kids some stories...



And Bennett made him laugh alot...

Raymond and Bennett Raymond...


Whew!!!!!!!!!! We had a great weekend filled with family and friends and we are all thankful and exhausted!! The kids are so excited about our trip to visit Aunt Mo this week, and I am now pumping myself up for the packing that I am about to undertake (and for the 8 hour car ride with the kids!)!!
Happy Monday!
Nicole








4 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD AT LILA. SUGAR DETOX

monique said...

I'm SOOOO excited about your visit! I can't wait...I have a list of things for us to do:). I do want to apologize in advance for the 8 hour car ride, that will be brutal. However, rest assured that I will have beer, wine and liquor (if you need the hard stuff) available upon your arrival. Let the chaos begin!!!

dbfontenot said...

If you need a pit stop (read run around the back yard for an energy release) my house in Memphis is open--give me a call if you need it--901 603 4381.

Susan said...

Everyone enjoyed celebrating Elise's birthday with her. Lila and Bennett had as much fun as their big sis. I asked Bennett how old he was and he replied...I'm four. I said are you sure you aren't 2; and he said NO, I'm four!

Love your new header!