7.05.2009

Happy 4th, Happy Feet



After baths last night we had our first (attempt) at family movie night. Popcorn with treats hidden it (which I must admit I stole from a Jon & Kate episode---before they got extremely depressing) was a BIG hit and we watched "Happy Feet". David was not too pumped about letting the kids eat popcorn in our bed, so we got out an old blanket for a make-shift place mat. It was worth it to all be able to snuggle up in our cozy bed. Lila is the loudest child on earth and she talked (narrated actually- "mommy-see penguin. mommy- see penguin" etc) through most of the movie, and once the popcorn ran out so did the little ones' ability to sit still. After about 45 minutes we put L & B to bed and let Elise finish the movie with us. It was a fun attempt, and we look forward to do it more often in the future- I love any excuse to hug and love on the kids! They are at such huggable ages!

I am really disappointed that I forgot to bring my camera Friday night. We had a delicious fish fry with my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. Mo and Phillip were in town and Phillip and my cousin Jeff went fishing Friday and caught tons of fish. Elise loved all of the attention from her two favorite Aunts and cousin Steph and was having a blast. As the night went on all of the kids went into performance mode..showing off their dance moves for the family. It was a fun night and I am bummed I didn't get any pics...

We spent the rest of the weekend working on the house and getting some more boxes unpacked....we are getting there!

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th!
Love, Nicole

No comments: