7.07.2009

Taco Night

Now that our kitchen is in working order and we have moved on from paper plates, eating out, sandwiches for dinner, and plastic utensils...I am thrilled to be getting back into a routine of cooking most nights. (Trust me, I use the term "cooking" very loosely...we are not talking gourmet here). We have not been eating the healthiest the past few months and so it is nice to be trying to move back into a direction where we are controlling a little better what we eat...So, I decided to take some pics tonight of our (extra lean ground beef wheat tortilla) taco night.



This was Elise's initial reaction...as is her reaction to most food outside of her comfort zone (a.k.a .anything other than fruit, bagels, pb&j, chicken nuggets, Cesar salad and dessert)...



My Lila Sue..eating of course!

Success!!! She tried it!!

Bennett laughing when the bottom fell out of his taco...the messiness of the taco's was the biggest obstacle...the kids kept getting so frustrated because all of the insides would fall out. Maybe I can get rich inventing something to help little ones eat soft tacos!! Hmmm.....

My little negotiator...she cracked me up during nap time today....we always play a lullaby CD when we put them down and when I put them down today she looked at me and said, "mama, Lila no night-night. Lila rock one song (and she held up 1 finger). peas mama."
After screaming for about 30 minutes to the point that I thought she was going to wake Bennett up (who went right to sleep- as usual) she "won" the negotiation...and we rocked for one song.
Night-night.
Nicole




No comments: