7.31.2009

Double the trouble, Double the fun, Double the rambling

My two little monkeys have been keeping me on my toes this week! I LOVE this age!! I will say, in all honesty, that it is extremely challenging to have two two year olds; but, it is also the MOST entertaining and MOST fulfilling because their little personalities are shining through like never before!
So much is going on with them right now that it is really hard to describe in words...but I am going to try, because I know I won't remember this later! This summer, when I have our (wonderful) babysitter one morning a week I have been taking one child with me on my errands. I have really enjoyed the one on one time with them. Even though we don't usually do anything exciting- in fact, usually it is a big grocery trip to Wal Mart, them seem to enjoy it too. They are so well behaved when it is just one! (OR maybe I didn't realize how easy it was with one when I just had one??!)
The choppy sentences they have been making are now turning into full fledged paragraphs. I was taking a bath earlier tonight and Lila was next to me chatting and I swear she talked a full five minutes without taking a breath. I am not exactly sure of everything she said, but I think she was basically recapping our trip to Nashville....so funny. Her favorite phrase of late: "that's sick!". I NEED to get her on video saying it, because it makes me laugh so hard every time. We've had a few poo-poo in the bath incidents lately (OF COURSE- Bennett...boys are so gross!) and I think that is when it started. I guess I need to monitor myself a little more closely, but I have to admit it is pretty funny to have a two year old that walks around calling smashed bugs, dirty hands, or whatever it is at the moment "sick".
She is still very mothering and compassionate, but she also has the sneaky side that will steal a toy from her brother or sister (for NO reason) while they are playing quietly. She loves to dance and perform and just LOVES attention. She also LOVES to lavish attention on others and gives the BEST greetings and celebrations when people come to visit! Her excitement is contagious and refreshing! Her other phrase of the moment is, "wook Mommy" (look Mommy), and this is usually followed by some demonstration of a jump, twirl, or run around the room! I am seeing the artistic side and love for drawing and coloring coming out in her as well. I am so glad that she and Elise will share that interest with me...and who knows, maybe Bennett too...just at this point he is still more interested in throwing crayons than coloring with them! Anyway, sweet, smart, spunky Lila definitely provides a lot of the laughs around here...



Bennett is never without a train or car in his hands. He carries them everywhere...even to bed. He is quite the chatterbox as well, although I wouldn't say he talks quite as much as Lila. But, I will say, where she is much better with her colors than he is, he is great with counting. He loves to count the steps as he walks up...His catch phrase at the moment is, "I fine...." He finds many reasons to say this...if you ask him if he needs a diaper, he responds, "I fine..." if he falls down, "I fine Mommy"...etc....adorable. He is quiet, sweet, and can occupy himself with trains for a long time...but, watch out if you cross him because he has QUITE the temper. He usually has to hit something (we are working on this) to get his frustration out. But, he is also the one who will just come up to me, out of the blue, ask to be held, and then give me the tightest squeeziest (I know, I made that word up) hug ever while placing his head on my shoulder. Melts my heart every time.



Of course, with all of the toys they have, their favorite "toys" of the moment are these two boxes we have in our den. They are supposed to be stacked at the side of the couch as a make-shift (baby-proof) end table, but more often they either each have a child inside of them or they are filled with toys or shoes, or whatever else they choose to fill them up with!


I also had to include this picture of Lila because I can't BELIEVE how grown up she looks in it. She has changed so much, just this summer...I guess it is because her hair is finally starting to grow and she is losing some of the baby fat...I don't know..she just looks so much older to me! For fun, I put Elise, at the same age as Lila, next to her....





We are all very happy because we have had two bunny sightings in the past two days...so at least we know that "Foxy" didn't eat up all of our rabbits! Yippee! Big news and a big celebration in the Parnell house when someone spots a critter in the backyard! We've had a low key week recovering from the trip and I've just been enjoying (for the most part- haha) the kiddos and our time together....David has a terrible sinus infection and is not feeling well so we are all hoping he will feel better soon. Bennett doesn't understand why he can't tackle his Daddy like usual!






For all of you feeling sorry for Elise and her lack of "face-time" on this post...no worries...her time will come...Our big 4 year old also gives me lots of "material"...






Goodnight!



Nicole



* by the way, they were in a double time out in the above pics.....oh yes....












No comments: