8.03.2009

MY space

One of the many things I am loving about our new house is that I have a great little space, hidden away, where I am able to store all of my crafting, stationery, and sewing supplies...complete with a little workspace! Our laundry room is right off of the kitchen at the front of the house...it is just big enough for me to have MY space/office right in it. You most often find me in there during nap-time/quiet-time...or any other "free" time I have...Of course, because of the way my mind works, I have grander dreams for MY space and would one day like to remove all of the wire shelving, paint it a cheerier color (probably my fav pebble beach- tks Suz), and have wooden shelves and cubbies built in....but, honestly I would be happy if it stays just as it is as well....

Above you can see my little desk and shelves with bins holding two you supplies, fabric, and paints.... (ok, it is also my diaper storage area as well....but hopefully not for long!)

I like to look at my 3 inspirations while I am working, so I have a pic of each of the kids right in my line of vision.... I am starting to sew some basic kids clothes, and really enjoying it...two of my friends, my "sewing sisters", are helping me out...and we all enjoy bouncing ideas off of each other....Maybe I am a big nerd, but it is fun, productive, expressive, saves money, and keeps my juices flowing. Not that hanging out with the 4 and under crowd 24/7 doesn't, but you know it feels good to give the brain a different kind of workout!
I also love this little print I treated myself to from etsy...on my ribbon board I keep some pics, things that inspire, and two very special emails, one from my Mom and one from my Dad, that I read whenever I am having a bad day...
I also spend a lot of time in this room because it is where I do laundry, which, as anyone with 3 kids knows, takes up a lot of my time. It is nice to have it where I am working because then I remember to switch the loads....I have a basket for each child up above the washer/dryer so that I can put their clean clothes up there until I am able to put them away...Now, if I could just find someone to put away the clothes for me...:)
My funky zebra rug from west elm, which worked in our old breakfast room, but not in this one, spices up the room!
And, to top it all off, I have a window to look out of as well! Natural light- yeah!!
I am so thankful to have my own little space to keep my creative juices flowing....
The shelving goes all around the top of the room as well...I'm sure those shelves will be filled up in no time...
Here is my little stash of fabric...the colors make me happy! When school starts I am going to be hitting that sewing machine hard!
We are all enjoying all of "our spaces" and are so thankful that we were able to get into this house. It was a bumpy road to get here, but as each box gets unpacked and as each week passes it feels more and more like our home, which is a good thing, because it is going to be for a long time!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am happy that you were able to buy this house too. It is perfect for your family - space for everyone and not much yard work for David. :)

With your decorating touches and creative mind, it is beginning to look more and more like a warm, inviting, personalized home and you will "make" great memories there. In spite of all the issues and trying times this Spring, I know your family will be happy on Shongaloo for many, many years.

Davis and Suzanne said...

I LOVE THIS SPACE. I dream about it:)