8.25.2009

More than she gardened for...

I am laughing at myself this post title is so corny. But, I'm going to go with it!

Today has been a fun, full day and it is only 2:30! We attended our first get together with a new playgroup today and all enjoyed it. It is a group of some of the Moms from the kids' school and I really don't know many of them. So, we will all be making new friends. It is going to be my Tuesday activity with the little ones while Elise is in school. Should be fun. I must brag on my kids a bit, I was even more proud than usual to be their Mom (if that is possible). They were definitely on their best behavior. I love days like this. Cooperation, listening, helping....ohhh so nice! :)

After that we stopped by to check on Grandpa (& Mimi) and see how he is feeling. I think I have alluded to the fact that he is not well, and the actual FACT is that he has a broken vertebrae in his spine due to a fall he had about 6 weeks ago. It is something that is very painful, takes a long time to heal, and basically keeps him stuck in one room 24/7. His great-grand kids seem to cheer him up, so I try to get them over there as often as I can, even if it is just for 30 minutes. I wasn't planning on a photo-op today (and neither was Gpa as you can tell from his pjs), but Lila climbed up in his lap and I had to snap a pic with my phone. Oh how much they love Mimi and Grandpa.....




Lila was all about stealing the spotlight today (this is not a new thing)...I think I have also mentioned in the past that the kids have a routine of running down the sidewalk to the front door (we always go in the side door) before we leave their house. It is one of those things that they've never discussed, they all just do it, and have always done it...so weird...anyway, today Mimi told Lila she could pick "1 flower" from her flowerbed by the front door. I am pretty sure Mimi meant the actual flower......



But Lila instead picked the WHOLE flower, root and all!!



She makes us laugh.....

Hope you all are enjoying your Tuesdays as well!!!


Love, Nic

No comments: