8.24.2009

Soccer Stars

David and I are so excited that Elise is going to be playing soccer this fall. He because he has always loved and played the sport and always wanted someone that "shared the love" of soccer. I actually played when I was young as well, and think it is great sport...just not one I want to watch on t.v. in a language I don't understand. But, we both think the "team" sport idea will be great for Elise and her self-esteem. It is a very, very, very, laid back league...more just to introduce them to the sport, let them make some friends, and let them get some exercise...Should be fun!!
With that inspiration (and in order to give me some free time yesterday afternoon to sew), David took the kids outside for a "field day". He has collected soccer jerseys since the kids were babies...whenever he finds one on sale or at (our fav) tj maxx or marshalls, he scoops them up. So, each little one (and their Daddy) had a jersey on yesterday and they had a "ball" playing outside.







I really do think they learned some things. Bennett told Grandpa this morning, "PaPa, I play soccer. I kick it. No hands."

So cute.

My only is concern is how I am going to convince the dynamic duo to stay on the sidelines and cheer for their sister, when I know they are going to want to be in on the action. A couple more years kiddos. It'll be your "term".

Happy Monday!
Nicole

No comments: