8.06.2009

sillyness, shots, sweets, and a shout out

We've stayed pretty busy this week in the Parnell house...summer seems to be slowly slipping away...
One of the highlights of yesterday for the kids was that I decided to make breakfast for dinner. It is so refreshing and fun how the littlest things make them SOO happy! I have done this before, but I guess they didn't remember. Elise was so thrilled (she actually EATS breakfast food) that she dressed up extra fancy for dinner!! She has newly re-purposed her feather tutu into a headpiece. I must say, I like the resourcefulness.



This morning, I took Elise for her 4 year well check at the pediatrician's office. We have come a LONG way in that area. Dr. visits used to be so horrible, she would make herself throw up she would get so worked up. She had slowly improved, and then the two ER visits in 3 days in June set her back quite a bit. Well, she was very brave today. The 4 year check up is actually kind of fun (or was for her) because while we were waiting we got to do a few specific "games" , her answers by which they gauge her developmentally. In addition, she did a vision test and a hearing screening, which she really thought were neat. Her Doc says everything looks great!! She is a petite little thing, although she has crept up to the 50% in height! She is still in the 25% for weight, but the Dr. didn't seem concerned. I think, unfortunately, they see so many overweight kids that being a little thin is probably better. She weighs a whopping 32 pounds, which is actually the exact weight Lila and Bennett were at their 2 year check up!!! :)
So, she did get a little lecture from our Doc about trying new foods...so far, I hate to say, it did not work, because she wouldn't touch a thing on her plate tonight (rice, zucchini w/parm cheese, and tilapia) and I finally cleared the table at 8, gave up, and (as she does many nights) she went to bed without eating. Doc stood by us in our choice to not offer her something she wants just to get her to eat...so, hopefully it is a phase and she will eventually get over this "fear" of new foods...



After all of the "fun" of the visit was over, we broke the news to her about shots, explained why she had to have them, and then commenced with the bloody murder screaming and holding her down. But, her recovery time has improved greatly and armed with my secret weapon (GUM- b/c big girls chew gum) she got over it very quickly! I also had another trick up my sleeve...she had not seen Ella in quite a while...actually since before her birthday party, which they were out of town for, and so it was perfect that Kimberly asked me if we could get together today. So, as we were leaving the Dr's office I told her that we were going to have lunch with Ella. She was thrilled. Kimberly suggested this cute little tea room in Old Mandeville that I had never been to, and it was adorable. As we were walking up the walk Elise fell in love with the fact that there was a little dollhouse with fairies having a tea party tucked into the landscaping...



The girls and the Moms thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The tea room is very geared towards children and the girls loved it...Unfortunately, there was a table of older women near us that didn't seem to find the girls laughing and singing cute, but I guess that is just going to happen sometimes..In my opinion they were fine and just enjoying themselves and having fun!




Camille was so proud that she had panties on (sideways at that) that she made sure she showed them to all of us! I actually felt a little bad that I didn't take Lila with me as well, but then I would have felt bad about Bennett, and it wouldn't have been doable with all three...so, I guess it is ok that I just had some time with E, especially after her rough start to the day....I saw lots of cute events on the calendar at the tea room for the fall, and so I definitely want to take the kids back there...(hopefully those grumpy ladies won't be there next time!!!)



These cuties were very happy to see each other!!!



Ella and Camille gave Elise and Lila pretty, pretty bracelets for their birthdays and the girls were thrilled. I think they love jewelry just like their Mommy!



On another note, we would all like to wish my brother, Jared, a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe my "little" brother is 27!! I guess he is on Elise's mind, because we actually had an imaginary "Jared" that spent most of the day with us yesterday! So cute. See you soon Uncle J-rod.
NightNight!
Love, Nicole