8.29.2009

friends, fish, and a fantastic idea

Because summer can be so crazy, it had been a while since we had gotten together with the Barrois family and we were thrilled when they invited us over for dinner last night. Will grilled fajitas (YUM) and we had a great time visiting with Will, Kimberly, Will's parents, and the kids. The kids had SUCH a blast and didn't want to leave. FUN, FUN, FUN.
All of the playing got the kids so exhausted that we finally broke the sleeping rut we had been in since our beach trip. Everyone slept all night and slept late this morning. David and I were thrilled- we both needed it!



While we were hanging out, Kimberly showed me her new "brain"- a binder she created to keep track of her kiddos and all of their paper. I LOVED the idea, had a target trip planned for the a.m. anyway, and so I got all of my supplies this morning. Can't wait to post about it in more detail. Ya'll are going to want one too. Thanks KB!!

***

This morning Emmy came to visit! David had been wanting to take the kids to the aquarium and so he thought this was a good opportunity. Although part of me wanted to go, I knew I should take advantage of the time to get some stuff done (like finally unpacking from the beach!) around the house, and to get organized and ready for school next week. David promised they would take good pictures and off they went! (Of course, I still texted him about 10 times to see how they were doing and if they were having fun...etc...)






I love the below pics where David turned the flash off!



After the aquarium, they walked all the way to the French Quarter to eat at one of our favorite po-boy places....then they stopped and got some rainbow sherbet after that. Sounds like a great day!!! I am so glad David had the opportunity to spend such great quality time with the kids and his Mom...and I am also thankful that I had some time to get organized and get our bathrooms cleaned!! :)
Night night!
Nicole




No comments: