8.11.2009

Questions and challenges

Although some may not think I am using my college degree to its fullest potential, I have been feeling pretty glad lately that I am an educated person....why? My four year old is FULL of questions; tough ones at that.
Without exaggeration, here are a few of the inquiries she has had in the past 24 hours (this is not to mention a whole "drilling" I got about death a few weeks ago..that seriously was TOUGH to explain ):
1. How do you talk and what makes the sound come out?
2. How does God make thunder?
3. How does sunscreen work?
4. How does a bobo (what we call an injury) heal?
5. How does mail work?
6. How can God see everyone at once?
Ummm....yeah. Try trying to explain the abstract to a four year old. She looks at me as if thinking...so, I am supposed to believe that?
In addition, she has a new stall tactic for bedtime- "I'm scared". We are pretty sure she isn't really scared, but think she figured out that being scared isn't something you usually get in trouble for. Yikes.
So funny how things go in waves. For the longest time bedtime hasn't been a problem, and now all of the sudden we are fighting it again.
On a related note, we thought Lila and Bennett were done with their biting phase, and I can say with all certainty after today, that they definitely are not. I soooo want to believe that we are struggling with this because it is more common for twins to have to fight over things, but who knows. Regardless of the excuse (including exhaustion today) it is not acceptable, and we've got to put a stop to it. Lila did not nap today (that is a whole other story...and a tangent that I could go on forever), and all of her protesting interrupted Bennett, so the afternoon around here was not an enjoyable one. I think this says my state of mind best- When David pulled up at 7:00, all four of us were sitting on the front porch step waiting for him.
I was done.
Pooped. Patience gone. Throwing in the towel.
I am optimistic that tomorrow will be a better day, determind to put an end to the biting, and pretty thankful I now have internet on my phone- just in case I need to google one of Elise's questions. :)
Good night!
Love, Nic

1 comment:

Davis and Suzanne said...

I hope this is a phase and will "phase out" by the end of the week. Come over here next time.