6.25.2010

art show

Elise has loved to do art projects since she could hold a crayon and so when I heard about an adorable Art Camp they offer in town for the summer, I knew it was for her. Just an hour and a half each morning for a week...she was thrilled at the idea, and had such a great time. I must say I was pretty blown away each day by the work she brought home. So, here it is, her first art show:



day 1: markers


day 2: markers (she was slightly disappointed as she was looking very forward to working with other mediums- but I loved the picture!)



day 3: oil pastels (I seriously am still in awe that she did this....I think it is going to be framed in my kitchen somewhere.)






day 4: markers/watercolors




day 5: markers (They each received a stuffed parakeet and drew a picture of their new friend.)


I am so proud, and so glad she had fun. She told me she had been having lots of fun playing with her brother and sister everyday, but that it felt good to do something by herself. I think she felt a little guilty for feeling this way, so I tried to assure her that was normal to feel that way, and that it was important for her to get to spend time doing things she loves on her own. She had a great week, and is sad to see it end.
We are proud of you, E!


6 comments:

Brad and Lissa said...

WOW!!! I am going to have to commission a piece.... great work!

Suzanne said...

Beautiful work...

bettyb said...

I am proud to say that we have an original work of art by Elise! She did it last year,and Suzanne sent it to Ward before he had his surgery.It hung in his hospital room and made him feel a lot better!
Keep up the good work,Elise!
Betty B.

Theresa Miller said...

Those pears espcially are amazing! Elise is very talented.

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

wow, i am impressed!! elise is so talented, and those pears look like they were professionally painted - i can't wait to see how beautiful they will be when framed and in your kitchen!! please tell her how proud we are of her, as well! love, the mills

monique said...

She is such a little artist! Tell her to create something for Aunt Mo anytime:). love ya'll!