6.09.2010

date night

No, it's not what you think...not a date night for David and I (although we have one of those coming up since Eclipse is about to come out!). We have decided to make an effort this summer to each get some individual time with the kids. It has been a really long time since either of us have had one on one quality time with just one of our kids....
David took Elise and Bennett to see his indoor soccer team play. Obviously, because of his arm, he is sidelined from soccer from the time being.
(Although he was trying to figure out if he wrapped his arm in foam, and taped it to his body if he could play....I DON"T THINK SO. We don't need two broken arms!)
I'll have to see if I can get him to post about their time together.
I took Lila out to dinner. We really had so much fun. We went to eat at my favorite Japenese restaurant, because all she cared about was that it was a "restaurant", and if she could have Sprite. So, I took advantage of that and decided to go eat sushi, which I am always craving, but we rarely eat. When we got there I let her pick where to sit and she picked a booth and wanted us to both sit on the same side. So we were nice and cozy on our date night. She was thrilled to get her Sprite (as far as our kids know Sprite is a special drink they only have at restaurants) and fascinated by the warm hand towels they brought us at the beginning. She continued to make me laugh and smile throughout the dinner. She told me her food was "wonderful". She also told me she loved me about 20 times, and that I was the greatest Mom, which, of course, caused me to tear up right at the table. She did mention a few times that she missed her "brudder and sister", and asked to bring her cantaloupe home for "her friend Elise". She is never without them, and although I think she had fun, I think it is really weird for her to be without them- especially Bennett.
The funniest moments, though, came whenever new people would enter the restaurant. For those of you that know Lila, you know that she doesn't really have an "inside voice" and is a pretty loud kid. Well, anytime someone entered she would ask me "what's their name?", and "are they a boy or a girl???". She also called our waiter "little boy" the whole night, although I am pretty sure he was in his mid 20's. This made for some interesting looks, but then she would flash her sweet little smile and usually get a smile in return. She definitely got a lot of smiles from me.
What a fun night.....

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

what a great idea!