6.22.2010

deep breaths

Oh my goodness. One of those days. I have been taking many deep breaths and counting to ten so that I don't loose it. I'm close.

David has been gone since Sunday afternoon...don't know how single Moms do it. Doesn't help that the kids haven't been sleeping well without him here, so I am a little sleep deprived. Add in a rainy day, and my idea to play catch up today (surely they can entertain themselves at home for one day, right??) and it is a recipe for disaster.
Need to stick to my "plan something every day motto". DEFINITELY.

The kids have been mostly in the playroom while I have been in and out. There were stacks of clean laundry covering my dining room table to put away and their rooms needed to be vacuumed badly. So, I thought this seemed doable. Put away the laundry while they play and check in on them periodically. Only if it had gone so smoothly.

Came down to fold my last load...they were pretty loud, but I thought they were still playing "vacation" like they had been, with Bennett's bed being the car. After a morning full of knock -down-drag-out fights, they were finally playing well together. SO I THOUGHT.

Went back up to check in, and this is what I saw:



If you can't tell, basically every object that they could lift was thrown on top of their beds. IN EVERY ROOM.



At this point they are all locked in their rooms and cannot come out until they put their (JUST CLEANED) rooms back in order. And I am sitting here......taking deep breaths......reminding myself to be grateful for my little mischievous bunch.
:)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I thought I had a bad day....

monique said...

OMG. I'm laughing out loud but I know it's not funny to you...I'm sorry! I miss those crazy monkeys:)

Susan said...

Seems like they were playing "evacuation" rather than "vacation". Remember how before we'd head out of town, we'd pick up everything off the floors in case of flooding? My grandchildren are so creative!