6.19.2010

a good buzz

Pardon the pun. I couldn't help it!

We took the kids to see Toy Story 3 (3D) today. They have been so excited all week!
This was going to be Lila and Bennett's first movie and Elise's second, and so David and I were looking forward to it as well. I was pretty confident that the little ones could sit through the movie, but slightly worried about how they would do with the 3D glasses and that aspect of it. This was actually my first 3D movie as well!
One of David's "quirks" is that if you go to a movie with him, you have to go early. I mean early. He likes to get the seat he wants, doesn't want to miss any of the previews, etc. So, we were 2nd in line to get in this afternoon. The kids actually did a great job hanging in there for the 30 minutes before the previews started. The fact that we made a candy run before probably helped....



Elise really wanted to get dressed up for the movie. So, then, of course, Lila did too. I promise I wasn't the one pushing for smocked dresses to the movies...that would be my 4 year old!



Bennett ready to go in his adorable Buzz shirt. He has worn it on average every other day since he got it for his birthday from the Bristers. Can't wait for Suz's shop to open back up- as I know these will be a hit on the birthday party circuit!







They were soooo excited about the glasses!



They didn't complain once. It took my eyes quite a while to adjust to the 3D glasses- I don't know if it was my contacts or what, but they didn't seem to notice at all.


We didn't hear a peep, nor did he move much at all the entire movie. He stared in awe and ate his "tweezers" (twizzlers).



Me and my gang!!
GiGi came along with Elise - just in case. She got spooked a few times during the Princess and the Frog, and so she wanted GiGi with her this time. She did great with this movie, and was quiet in her seat...she jumped on my lap once during a "scary" part..but, since she is highly, highly sensitive this wasn't surprising.
Lila did actually better than I expected. She has the hardest time sitting still of the the three. She made it until very near the end and then got a little big antsy. Luckily I had stashed an extra bag of twizzlers in my purse for such occasion and we were able to get her situated to finish the movie.
I can't say enough about how adorable the movie was. It was precious!!!!!!!!! David looked over and laughed when he saw me crying at the end, but it really was such a touching movie. I loved the way the characters are so well rounded and struggle with good and bad, but ultimately do the right thing...subtly enough that it is believable for the kids. I wish they could leave out the "idiot" and "dummy", but other than that it was perfection!!!!!!!!
After the movie, Lila and Bennett had a birthday party to go to for a friend from their Mother's Day out class...they were sooo excited. David wanted to take them, so I was going to get to hang with Elise. Birthday parties are a HUGE deal in the life of a 4 year old (almost 5!) and so she was pretty bummed that she didn't have a party to go to. (She was also a little droopy because she has her first, of I'm sure many, case of swimmers ear...supposedly pretty uncomfortable- my poor girl!) So, I decided to take her to dinner at McAlister's so that she could have a fun night as well. Parties were on the brain, and so we talked alot about her upcoming 5th birthday party. She has alot of ideas, many quite different from the ideas I have! :) I guess this is good practice for her teenage years!! I am trying to find that perfect balance between letting her know that her input and opinions matter, without letting her feel like she runs the show and gets everything she wants. We are having it at the place she requested (not my first choice, but it is her party!), and tonight we discussed the guest list, menu, and favors. She seriously has opinions on all of these things. At 4. Do I maybe have a future event coordinator like her Aunt Mo??
I told her I wanted to take a picture of her on our "date" and so she started hamming it up for the camera....



It was a fun, full day.....
Now off to bed to get ready to honor the Father's tomorrow!!
Goodnight!
Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Theresa Miller said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, and you, David and the kids ALL look fantastic in your pictures. We actually took JE to Toy Story this weekend as well (not in 3D though), and were quite surprised and pleased that he made it half way through before he got too antsy.