6.09.2010

ramblings

Today was a good day. One of the best parts of it was that Shelley came to visit. She makes everyone around her smile. The kids were fascinated with the baby in her belly and wanted to know when she was going to come out. Elise is very excited that it will be very close to her birthday.

Shelley brought Lila and Bennett birthday gifts. Elise handled it really well. Was proud. Bennett's gift was the cutest conductor dress up I have ever seen. He wore it all afternoon and kept yelling, "all aboard"...in a very deep, "conductor-y" voice. Then late tonight he added, "all aboard. Next stop, Cretaceous Time Period."
I could not stop laughing....
Can you tell my kids have been watching a little Dinosaur Train on PBS?
At least they are learning something!

Lila and Bennett's first official day of soccer today. David dressed them this morning- Ronaldo jersey for Bennett, Mia Hamm for Lila. He was slightly excited. I wished I could have gone to work for him so he could have gone to watch. I know he was dying. Tried to get some good video, but it wasn't my best. They had a blast. I feel sure that this is the beginning of lots of time spent at the soccer field.

Broken A/Cs are not a good thing in South LA. We have two, and this week both have taken their turn at being broken. Monday I noticed water running down the wall of Lila's bedroom, and looked up to realize a big patch of her ceiling was soaked.
Not good.
Last night, David and I were sweating bullets at 8 pm and realized it was 80 degrees in our room. Not good.
We are lucky in that we have a home warranty that will help with some of this, and that the issue with our downstairs unit was just a blown fuse. But, I have had to turn negotiations with the warranty company over to my attorney :) (so many reasons it is good to be married to one!)because they are (not surprisingly) being a little difficult. We will get it worked out, and it definitely could be worse. At least our house is cool at the moment, and at least we usually have a cool place to sleep. Unlike a lot of people in our world....

Ran into the Bristers at dinner tonight. Their boys are precious. I would love to adopt Jacob (I'd take Patrick too!). My kids are obsessed and Bennett would love a brother. Lila was waving to him throughout dinner and also attempting a thumbs up-- with her pointer finger. We are working on this.


Lila slept through the night last for the first time since she gave up her pacifier on her 3rd birthday. Can I get a wooohooo???
Was nice.


Kids are out and I am about to go watch So You Think You Can Dance.
Fun times.
Goodnight!

2 comments:

Theresa Miller said...

I can't wait to hear when Shelley's little one arrives! And our air conditioner broke this week as well....the same day JE had the tubes put in his ears.

Suzanne said...

yeah lila!!!