6.10.2009

Everything under the sun

I think I will cover just about everything in this post! I finally decided to upload all of the pictures from my phone and so I came across a few "oldie but goodies" (one of my favorite sayings...as most things old are good!)....
In addition I need to start with a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Emmy AND Pop!! Emmy's birthday was yesterday, and Pop's is today! We know they are having a great time celebrating in St. Barth's. What better way to spend your birthday?! Happy Birthday!!!! We will have to have some cake for you, David, and L&B when ya'll return!
Below you can see my handsome son (I'm biased, I know) modeling his cute Christmas present from Aunt Mo...A tshirt with his favorite buddy Mozart on it! Caught this one afternoon in Mimi and Grandpa's backyard...



This is the awesome chair I found at Goodwill a few months ago for our guest room (and Lila's future room). For $30. I love it. Although I actually love it the way it is, I think it will be adorable re-upholstered in something fun like chocolate with white polka dots or a pink and white damask.



For obvious reasons the next two pictures brought up a ton of emotions...I almost didn't post them because I don't want this to turn into a depressing "scrapbook", but then I decided it would be a crime not to post some happy pictures of our sweet Bax. I remember this afternoon like it was yesterday (but only after the pictures reminded me). I was desperate for Elise to take a nap and so I laid down in her big bed while she laid in the day bed, hoping this would work. Bax, as usual, wanted to be where we were, and so he came in and laid down on the floor next to her. She wanted him to be cozy and so she covered him all up. And he just laid there like a good boy.




We all miss him very much. I wanted to thank you all for all of your kind words on my last post. It really meant so much. I know as time goes on this whole thing will get so much easier...and so, we wait....
On a happier note, this picture CRACKS ME UP. I can't believe how much they look alike in it...My girly girls. Love them up.

I actually took the below pics last night when we were leaving Mimi and Grandpa's. Part of the Tuesday night routine is that the kids each get some M&Ms in a little bag when we go. (Well, it used to apply just to Elise, but now L & B have wised up). Grandpa brought the whole jar outside last night and got swarmed by the kids for the ema-ema-ema-ema-ems...as they say!


The other part of the routine is that all three take the walk up the walkway to their front door. Don't really know why they do this, but they do...and they are sooo excited to do it!! You can barely see Bennett way over on the front porch...


Today we spent most of the day outside...the kids are absolutely loving the new backyard here and I love that it is super shady and we can actually tolerate being outside! I decided to let them water the plants, but it turned much more into a hose fight! They had a great time though!



Bennett was a maniac with the hose...He definitely loves the water. He kept spraying himself in the face and cracking up...



David's parents gave the twins this picnic table for their birthday, and all three kids are LOVING it! I feed them lunch outside everyday....



We had a fun day in the sun and everyone seems to feel much better, me included. Lila and I had a virus over the weekend, but luckily Elise and Bennett seem fine. YIPPEE! Too bad all of the time outdoors did not translate into good naps today. Bummer...but, maybe they'll have to catch up tomorrow...
Hope everyone is having a good week.
Love, Nicole

3 comments:

Susan said...

So happy everyone is feeling better. I know you will have lots of happy times and make great memories in your new "park-like" backyard.

Davis and Suzanne said...

I plan to come over soon and bring the "red neck" baby pool.

NIKKI said...

So glad you feel better..
love the pics of Bax.
The pic of the girls looking over their shoulder is tooo precious.
LOVE the chair. I just found some good finds at the thrift store myself yesterday!