6.01.2009

Elise Update

It felt surreal as I hurried back from Baton Rouge at 11 sunday night. I am supposed to be heading to Alexandria for court in a few hours, but instead God had other plans for us. Nicole noticed a bit more than normal swelling on Elise's wounds, and rightfully called the nurse on duty. They suggested she go back to the ER, and in a matter of an hour Elise had the horrible experience of last thursday done three times. They removed all the stiches, irrigated the wounds, then put a gause drain in. She is now in a room and will hopefully only be there a few days. The infection was pretty bad, and I hate that Nicole had to go through that alone.
Elise has seemed back to normal, and helped us sing for Lila and Bennett earlier tonight.
I left the hospital around three, and she had still not fallen asleep. She is on some pain medicines, and since around 12 has been a little loopy and funny.

Elise is very inquisitive about the process, asking what the medicines and machines do. She is also telling anyone who will listen about her recital. Too funny.

On another note, we celebrated Lila and Bennett's bday tonight with a very small "party" with nicole's grandparents. Elise had fun giving Lila and Bennett their presents she picked out. More on that in a happy, bday related post. I just wanted to mention before I forgot how funny it was that Elise blew out Lila's candles.

If you are wanting to stop by Elise's room, she is room 309 at Lakeview Regional please call nicoole first

David

2 comments:

bettyb said...

David and Nicole,
I was about to go to your prior post to write since I saw it very late last night,and then was shocked to see this.Davis had told me about the accident,I can't tell you how sorry I am that you all have had to go thru and endure this nightmare.I am so very thankful,that even tho so very traumatic,that it is "fixable".Elise,you are one very brave big girl,and I know your mommy and daddy are so proud of you.You looked beautiful in your dance costume,and I'll bet it was a great recital.You take care of yourself and your mommy and daddy,and when you see Jacob tell him to give you a great big hug from his Bebe to you.I'll be sending Grenada,Miss.prayers down your way for a very quick and successful recovery.
love,
Betty

Dennis Legendre said...

With the loving parents she has, Elise will handle this and put it behind her quickly. She was a trooper at her recital and remembering/reinforcing that positive experience has helped her deal with the injury. Watching Elise "perform" was a deja vu experience for me, reminding me of my baby girls, Nicole and Mo. Take care Elise and G loves you.