6.04.2009

Home sweet home

We are home! We are thrilled that we were able to grab a bite to eat tonight as a family to celebrate David's birthday and Elise's return home from the hospital. Lila and Bennett were so happy to see her, and gave her huge hugs when she walked in the door!
She was also happy to see that along with her "bo-bo" on her face, the "bo-bo" at the house (missing floors) has also greatly improved. Looks like we will be able to start moving some furniture in on Saturday.
As for Elise, she is doing drastically better. As I expected, the removal of the IV did not go especially well...poor thing had so much tape on her arm and I know that had to really hurt, but she seemed to forget pretty quickly and did an actual dance when David got to the hospital to pick us up. We are going to follow up with the plastic surgeon tomorrow (I haven't broken the news to her yet) because I noticed that the area in between the two puncture wounds is very hard to the touch and we just want to be 100% sure that everything is fine. Today was my first day on "wound care" and the physical therapist that had been changing the dressing up until today had never mentioned anything about it. So, better safe than sorry.
I feel badly that both the twins' and David's birthdays got kind of pushed to the side this year...but I know L & B don't really know and David understands...or, at least that is what I keep telling myself! I also know that it really was a great gift for David to have E home and have us all together for his birthday! He is a great husband and Dad, and all he really wants is for us to be happy! We all love him so much!
Hope everyone is having a great week, and thanks again for all of the prayers and well wishes!
Goodnight!
Nicole

2 comments:

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

just glad that y'all are home safely! happy birthday to david, and as you said, what a great birthday present to have his family together! hope to see y'all soon! love, kate

The Mom said...

Nicole-

I'm so glad y'all are home. I can't tell you how much I've been thinking about y'all. I can assure you that Elise and her wound will heal perfectly fine. Everyone comments on MW's cute dimple!! sometimes I confess, but other times I just say thanks!! Enjoy being home with everyone under one roof, and good luck moving!
Frankie