6.21.2009

Happy Weekend!

I was so thrilled to get to take a quick trip to the Mississippi Delta this weekend for a small baby shower for one of my best friends from college, Dianne, who is expecting TWIN boys this fall!!!!!!! I am so, so excited for her and her husband, and can't wait to meet Wyatt and Dyer (such cute names, right??)! I left Friday night and got to Greenville around 10. The shower was at 10:30 the next morning, and I drove back home, with a few stops in Jackson, yesterday. So, a VERY quick trip...but, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. As we were setting up for the shower I snapped a picture of the adorable cupcakes....YUM...and then meant to take more pictures (OF ACTUAL PEOPLE) later, but got too busy talking and having fun to do so. It was a much needed break and I am so thankful to David for holding down the fort for a night...

Per David's request, this morning we hit the donut shop on the way to church for a Father's Day breakfast. David's Mom came with us and then spent some time with us and the kids afterwards. After naps, we headed over to my parents house (we were supposed to have it here, but we are not quite "party ready" yet) to grill. Both sets of Grandparents were there, and it was wonderful to spend the afternoon celebrating all of the fathers in our family. I am feeling a little guilty because David actually grilled for everyone, so he was a hard-working Dad, even on Father's Day. But, he swears he didn't mind....

I again did not do too well in the photography department, but I did catch a picture of Elise working on a puzzle with her Great Grandpa, and namesake....

And one of David with his dynamic duo...pretty impressive since Bennett normally doesn't sit still for more than 5 seconds these days...The kids are so blessed to have so many wonderful fatherly role models in their lives, and most importantly, a wonderful Dad who lives, breathes and works for them. We love you David!
Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads and all of the soon to be Dads!!
Love, Nicole

1 comment:

The Crowders said...

Hey again Nicole,
ok, small world. I LOVE Dianne. One of my best friends from college(Amy) lives in Atl and is good friends with Dianne. Dianne and I both were in Amy's wedding this past October. I can't believe she is having twin boys. Perfect for her and Russell. :-)
I hope things are better at your house and no more injuries!
Shea