8.11.2008

Rainy Day

I know I tend in this "scrapbook" to always focus on the more fun things we do and all of positive things about having three little ones so close in age(which is not usually that hard); but, let's be real, I have my days where it is a little more challenging than others to do that...


Today started off so well with the season premiere of Seseme Street (so sad, isn't it- but I am sick of the reruns!!), and we had Will Kitchen over to play (a little payback to BK for last week), and so the morning went really well...



Elise and Will creating masterpieces...

Will was pretending to snore and cracking Elise up...They are cute playing together...

Anyway, how quickly things can change...
Lila and Bennett have been in the process of giving up their morning nap for a while now, and this has been a very interesting process...I will say that I did not realize how much the morning nap (aka two baby break for me) was helping me out. Now that there is only about a 1 hour time frame during the entire day where all three are asleep (if I'm lucky), I am finding it pretty impossible to be very productive. I didn't realize how much I was getting done, aka phone calls, laundry, picking up, etc..while they were sleeping..For the past few weeks, by the afternoon when I get them all down I am so pooped I usually lay down myself! (I must defend myself- they are some HEAVY babies! And, they love to be held!)

Today, when they woke up from their 45 minute (NOT LONG ENOUGH- for them or me!!!) nap this afternoon, they both woke up on the wrong side of the bed...and this is a pretty good example of how things have been going through this "transition" time....

They were both screaming, so I carried them both downstairs, and then I offered them milk, I tried holding them both, rocking them, then taking turns calming one (which just ticked off the other one even more), all the while praying that they didn't wake up Sleeping Beauty (Elise) upstairs and wishing I could grow two more arms!! Finally, when I was about to cry, I decided to film it, and laugh instead!


I kept it short and sweet, but just add about 45 minutes on to this...

Luckily, my Mom was in town today, so after being on the "verge"...I called in reinforcements! Too bad she isn't here everyday! I always really appreciate her help...

*Please don't read this post as a pity party on my part in any way...I hope it goes without saying that I am eternally grateful for my three healthy children and the fact that I get to spend the majority of my time with them... I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! I just thought it would be funny (later on) to look back and remember how many of our "everyday" days actually went...especially this summer...

I think I am going to take some good advice from Jon and Kate Plus 8 and get some earplugs...

Happy Monday!

Love, Nicole

By the way, in the time it took for this post to load, Bennett has created a "poo-trail" down the hallway of the den. Lovely. Off to get the Clorox Anywhere.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

classic

monique said...

OMG---they better get all their tantrums out before Saturday!!!! Just kidding...they are actually cute when they cry (I'm sure not for you :))...love ya'll, MO

Susan said...

The "call for reinforcements" was funny so I thought I'd share. When I answered the phone, I could barely hear Nicole's voice over the extremely loud screams of the dynamic duo. Then she said "Mom, were you planning to come over to visit today....if you were, now would be a good time!"

The Adams Family said...

God Bless You!

Brad and Lissa said...

Poor you!! Losing the morning nap is a killer! Quinn watched the crying video about ten times...she kept saying, "again, again, again.." I don't know if we watched it for 45 minutes, but I surely felt like I was there! :)